Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updating Kasina Firmware on MacOS Catalina

Default Re: Updating Kasina Firmware on MacOS Catalina

The UnArchiver idea worked and the firmware updater quickly installed the most current version. Thank you for the prompt assistance and diligent troubleshooting!

Next on the wish list is an update to the Kasina Basic Session Editor for the new OS update. However, since the reason I wanted to update the firmware was to try to see if the converted Procyon sessions would negate the need to keep my old device, I will likely be preoccupied for at least a little while.

Blog Entries

I'm happy to hear that, Bambilina!

I'll work through the MacOS and Catalina issues, and a replacement KBS Editor will be coming, although it won't be soon, as the original programmer is no longer with us. There is an updated Windows Editor, but we do recognize that there are folks out there that do not have Windows, so we want to have a solution for them too eventually.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Ok, I THINK I have fixed the .zip file issue, but I'll have to check it on Catalina later.

It's now a .dmg inside a .zip. We'll see if Catalina destroys the .dmg as well, but with luck it shouldn't.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

That's great news! Although I don't need it now, I did download the new .dmg file to test the extraction. On my Mac, it downloaded no problem. I just had to right click the file to open it, since Catalina doesn't trust you guys as developers. The updater loaded and asked me to connect the Kasina (which I did not do as I now have the most updated firmware), so up to that point I can verify on this latest version of Catalina that the file will open properly.

Blog Entries

Fantastic!! Thank you for trying that and also letting me know the results.

I've updated the download now to just be a .dmg for MacOS. The site was only allowing .zip at first, but I fixed that, so now it will download as a .dmg without needing the .zip extension.
    The only issue I see now is that the updater shows up BEHIND the .dmg window. I'll have to see if I can fix that.

Signing and notarizing apps has become a thing now with Catalina. Luckily you can still control-click and open the file, but I see that in the future I'm going to have to go down the sign/notarize road as it will look more professional.

Cheers!
    -Andy.

Thread Information