Thread: Self hypnosis CDs?

1. Talking Self hypnosis CDs?

I'm new to using light and sound machines and have just bought the Proteus. I find the preset sessions very useful (has already helped me sleep better) but would like to know how I can marry my self-hypnosis CDs with the Proteus. Program 18, Learning with tapes, may be of use, but I'm not sure how you are suppose to place the cd and listen to the beats of the machine at the same time, it seemed distracting when I tried it. So, how do you use self-hypnosis cds with this machine. I've gone through the libraries and forums but most of threads seem to be from expert uses--I need step by step instructions.

THANKS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Self hypnosis CDs?

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I assume you are not speaking of the technical method of getting the CD audio and Proteus audio together through your headphones but something more subtle?

Could you clarify your question a bit further so we can understand exactly what you are having difficulty with?

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Self hypnosis CDs?

I can attach the cd player to the proteus and have the proteus connected to the headphones. Is it correct to use the learning with tapes session and the cd at the same time. It just seems odd to have the beats of the proteus going at the same time the audio of the cd is going on-the beats overpower the audio of the cd. Is there a program that works better? Am I suppose to hear the beats at the same time of the audio of the cd?

I am doing weight loss cds--are there any pre-programmed proteus sessions that can help with weight loss--I'm not wed to the cds I have now and am just looking for a good system.

Blog Entries

I can help you with the technical parts, I'm sure Marisa will chime in at some point to talk more about what particular programs to try and what type of programs work best for your purpose.

If you haven't done so already, download and install the Proteus Editor 2.51 at http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

Update the OS to the version that comes with this editor (2.5). Do not update to 2.6 as there is a bug in that OS that hinders the function I'm going to tell you about. The instructions for updating the OS are in the Proteus Editor manual. The 2.5 OS will be called "PROTEUSCODE25.pts" and it will be in the program folder where you installed the Editor. (typically C:\Program Files\Proteus2_5)

In OS 2.5 there is a function that allows you to lower the sound of the Proteus tones without lowering the sound of the external audio (in your case the CD) so that the tones will not overpower the audio on the CD. The instructions for how to do this are in the document on the mindplacesupport site: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...OS%202.5.1.pdf

Give that a try and see how it works for you.

-Andy.

5. Default Re: Self hypnosis CDs?

Thanks!!!!

Blog Entries

Hi GWE,

Quote Originally Posted by goodwithoutevil View Post
    Is it correct to use the learning with tapes session and the cd at the same time. It just seems odd to have the beats of the Proteus going at the same time the audio of the CD is going on-the beats overpower the audio of the CD. Is there a program that works better? Am I suppose to hear the beats at the same time of the audio of the CD?
    You may want something that puts you more into a trance such as P23 to 27 (Mindlab learn).

You may also want to try P9 - Tranquility - to ease any cravings for food.

If you are using the machine with a CD, you can turn the volume down on the beats until they are barely noticeable.

If you find they are too annoying, run the program with just the light frames on the program and plug your headphones into the CD player and skip the beat part altogether. If you do this, you will not get binaural beats but you will still get the entrainment feature from the lights - which should produce results.

You may want to try it both ways and see which way works best for you.

I am doing weight loss Cd's--are there any pre-programmed Proteus sessions that can help with weight loss--I'm not wed to the Cd's I have now and am just looking for a good system.
    Not that I know of. You can use any hypnosis cd - avoid the "subliminal" CDs (they don't work anyway) - and choose a Proteus program that is mostly Theta. This will help put you in a trance so that your brain is most receptive to the suggestions on the cd. An alpha based program will help trigger that feeling of "satisfaction" in your brain (the one that you feel after you eat something naughty).

M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 08-22-2007 at 05:55 PM.

How do i find out which built-in Proteus sessions have which brain states (alpha, theta etc.) ? I'm also interested in using self hypnosis CD's ( Richard Bandlers Neurosonics Series ) with my Proteus machine.

Blog Entries

Hi Skope;

A little searching on the forum brought up these helpful posts with good info about the Proteus sessions:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=1531#post1531
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...?p=182#post182

Lots of good reading, so enjoy!

-Andy.

Thanks a lot Andy ! Very helpful info.

10. Default Re: Self hypnosis CDs?

you can buy them i have collection of CD's or just visit this site and learnhttp://www.a-1hypnosis.com/

Thread Information