Thread: Upload an audio file in your session

1. Thumbs up Upload an audio file in your session

Hi
    I have created an audio file that I want to play in the background. Created a mp3 out of garage band, uploaded it in the audio tab of the editor. It plays well there.
    I save my session. The session plays in the kasina (Light and binaural sounds but no audio file)

I have done the procedure many times but to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Many thanks for tips / helpCapture.PNG
    Christophe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Upload an audio file in your session

Hi Christophe;

You cannot have an audio file play along with a KBS session, unless you "mix" the two files. To mix the files, you would have your Kasina set to play the KBS session, and you would feed the audio from your track into the Kasina via the AUX audio connection, or from your computer to the Kasina via USB audio. If your Kasina firmware is up to date (latest is 2.06) you can adjust the volume level of the KBS sounds and external audio within the Kasina. Press the volume up (+) and down (-) buttons simultaneously to bring up the audio mixer on the Kasina.

You cannot play the audio file and KBS session just on the Kasina.

If you want a session to be completely self-contained, you should use the SpectraStrobe format. There are free plugins here for your favourite DAW, and it should work with Garageband.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Upload an audio file in your session

Many thanks for this detailed answer Andy... i wrongly thought that the audio tab was a way to add an external audio file.
    Such a shame this option is not available, having an extra device playing through the aux adds to the inconvenience ... the easiest one would be my iphone but the iphone cable isn’t compatible.

Thanks again for your help’ you saved me some real headache

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi Christophe;

You cannot have an audio file play along with a KBS session, unless you "mix" the two files. To mix the files, you would have your Kasina set to play the KBS session, and you would feed the audio from your track into the Kasina via the AUX audio connection, or from your computer to the Kasina via USB audio. If your Kasina firmware is up to date (latest is 2.06) you can adjust the volume level of the KBS sounds and external audio within the Kasina. Press the volume up (+) and down (-) buttons simultaneously to bring up the audio mixer on the Kasina.

You cannot play the audio file and KBS session just on the Kasina.

If you want a session to be completely self-contained, you should use the SpectraStrobe format. There are free plugins here for your favourite DAW, and it should work with Garageband.

4. Default Re: Upload an audio file in your session

Having said that, I think I have found the right cable... so not too bad a solution 8n the end
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Default Re: Upload an audio file in your session

Quote Originally Posted by Clabedan View Post
    Many thanks for this detailed answer Andy... i wrongly thought that the audio tab was a way to add an external audio file.
    Such a shame this option is not available, having an extra device playing through the aux adds to the inconvenience ... the easiest one would be my iphone but the iphone cable isn’t compatible.

Thanks again for your help’ you saved me some real headache
    No problem. Your iPhone should have come with a lightning to headphone adapter, which you can use with the included audio cable that came with your Kasina to connect to the AUX jack. If you don't have that adapter, you can get one for under $10, or you can really fancy and use a Lighting to USB cable to allow you to connect digitally.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information