View Poll Results: What adapter would you buy?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • A $25 pre-built adapter

1 33.33%
  • A $10 raw cable for do-it-yourselfers

2 66.67%
  • I wouldn't buy an adapter

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Liteframe connector adapters

Blog Entries

Default Procyon Liteframe connector adapters

Ok, so all of you that interested in being able to (with the Proteus):
    1. Plug in other 3.5mm liteframes
    2. Use it with CES or other 3rd party equipment that uses 3.5mm TRS (stereo) connectors

I need to know how many would be willing to pay for an adapter that goes from the Procyon connector to a 3.5mm TRS connector, with of course the caveat that the 3.5mm connector could only carry 2 of the 3 colours?

Of course, to use this, you would have to create your own sessions that are bi-colour (instead of tri-colour) to have this work somewhat effectively. You'd have the same issue with the bi-colour glasses and the CES or other machines that are expecting only 2 signals/colours.

Please vote, and let me know what your thoughts are on this.

-Andy.

frey Guest

Default Re: Procyon Liteframe connector adapters

Thanks for looking into this Andy and I appreciate the time taken. I take it will work with audiostrobe too because it uses only 2 colors also? Now what I would like to suggest is that maybe the adapter would be in the form of on "Y" cable which connects on one end to Procyon while one of the other ends is a 3.5 mm plug and the other the standard Procyon connection, this way we could connect it to CES while having full tri-color with the glasses. Of course the session would have to take into account that only 2 of the colors are going to be recognized by CES. But again this are only suggestions, I am just happy you are considering making adapters and to put my money where my mouth is, although I have only voted once, I am willing to purchase 2 adapters to drive the count up.

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for voting. I am still looking into getting these done for those that are interested.

Any progress on this? I am very interested in this myself and would really like to see a legacy mode for the Procyon, that way with this adapter the glasses will only use the colours used by the Proteus, and if used in AS mode with an audiostrobe encoded CD which only has 2 colour channels (audiostrobe does not support more), the correct colours will be used just as if we where using the good old Proteus.

Lastly, and this is the reason I actually posted this, I will be taking over for frey's order of 2 adapters (also I voted once to make sure 2 adapters are on the list since frey only voted once also). Just wanted to let you know that.

Blog Entries

We're having a bit of trouble getting the parts. No idea yet if this will be a money-losing proposition to build these adapters, but we are trying to see whether we can get a few of the connectors at a reasonable price to do a small order. If we needed 10,000 it'd be no problem

Thank you for your patience.

-Andy.

Unhappy Re: Procyon Liteframe connector adapters

Any new update on the adapter?

I just bought a pair of multi-LED glasses (so the energy sessions can be used eyes-opened while getting ready for work in the AM), but I didn't realize that the Procyon diverged from the design of the Proteus with respect to the frames input (I wrongly assumed that when the store stated all the glasses were compatible with devices like the Proteus, it included the Procyon). I like the glasses that come with the Procyon for the relaxation/sleep sessions, but in the morning I do not have time to stay seated with my eyes closed for the more energizing ones.

My Procyon was only recently purchased, but with it's lackluster performance with Audiostrobe (but TurboSonix is OK) and Neuro-Programmer 2, still no biofeedback Presage, and now wasting money on glasses that won't fit, I'm beginning to regret choosing it over the Mindspa or the less-expensive Proteus.

Still trying to be optimistic though (I like the 3 colors). Perhaps there are plans in the future to make open frames for use with the Procyon? (wishful thinking)

Blog Entries

Hi Bambilina,

Quote Originally Posted by Bambilina View Post
    Any new update on the adapter?

I just bought a pair of multi-LED glasses (so the energy sessions can be used eyes-opened while getting ready for work in the AM), but I didn't realize that the Procyon diverged from the design of the Proteus with respect to the frames input (I wrongly assumed that when the store stated all the glasses were compatible with devices like the Proteus, it included the Procyon). I like the glasses that come with the Procyon for the relaxation/sleep sessions, but in the morning I do not have time to stay seated with my eyes closed for the more energizing ones.
    You could use the Procyon with just the headphones while you are getting ready in the morning. Although AVS machines work best with the lights, you still can get satisfactory results with just the sound. I often use my Proteus with just the sound when I am working at my desk during the day time. It really does help improve my concentration and perhaps the Procyon used this way will also give you some favorable results.

M.

True, I could just use the audio - but what fun would that be?
    The whole point of buying the Procyon was for the photic stimulation (as I already could do the brainwave entrainment audio on a CD/MP3 player - much cheaper, btw). And audio-alone doesn't quite cut it for those of the visual or kinesthetic persuasion.

I don't know if I can return the eyesets that have already shipped, and having just bought the Procyon, I'm not thrilled about having to buy another device to use them (especially since I debated months before I picked the Procyon over the Proteus and Mindspa).

Just want to know if there is/will be a way to use open eyesets: either an adapter for the Procyon, or open eyesets that are made for the Procyon. Or is there a way to convert the plug (what connector type is the GanzFrame jack?)

I have a problem with the current frames on the Procyon- I have not been able to see visualisations as some people have. Can anybody advise on whether changing light frames to something brighter may be more likely to induce seeing patterns? If that is the case, and also to sync the light frames to CES, I would like to purchase an adaptor- how do I go about showing that I am interested?
    From another angle, I'd like to know if people have had more success in visualisations with proteus and its brighter LEDs, compared to Procyon- this is my reason for purchasing an adaptor.

Blog Entries

Hi Dev and welcome!

FYI - Brighter lightframes will do nothing to make the brain entrainment work better.
    Just like some people louder music, some people enjoy brighter lights. Turning it up doesn't make the music any better, and brighter lights will not entrain better. It's all about personal preference.

I have noted that you too would like an adapter, and hopefully we can get them made.
    If we can't I'll at least try and find out the manufacturer and part # of the Procyon Lightframe connector so that if someone wants to go ahead and have them made that they can.

-Andy.

Thread Information