Thread: Just got the Kasina

Default Just got the Kasina

Hi,
    I just got the Kasina. So far I think it is ok. Hope I will explore a bit more.
    Are there any sessions with electronic music?
    As I didn't find any I loaded a track of mine into Ableton and mapped a couple of parameters onto a midi controller. I can highly recommend to do so as the strobing lights can be regulated in realtime. I am going to map some LFO's onto the parameters and see how that is.
    Cheers,
    Jens

edit: it is pretty amazin with the parameters midimapped and with the min / max value set properly. Next thing I am going to do is making some snapshots of different parameter settings. I havent used snapshots in ableton so far but maybe it is even possible to fade between the different parameter values. Things get really exciting.
    Last edited by yentzee; 02-23-2024 at 06:47 AM.

Default Re: Just got the Kasina

I have a question. Right now I am having a track in ableton (intelligent drum & bass track I made 2004) and on a second track the prism plugin. As I somehow cant find out how to use the kasina as audiointerface with ableton I take audio from my computer into the aux of the kasina.
    Unfortunately the Kasina keeps switching between Audiostrobe and Spectrastrobe when auxing in. When I turn down the musicvolume it stays on Spectrastrobe.
    Any ideas on how to solve that?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Just got the Kasina

The SS control signal needs to be at a consistent level.
    You should use the USB connection and send the audio via USB. Select "USB" as your audio output in Prism or Ableton.
    What issue are you having in selecting the Kasina as your audio device?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information