Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cymatic software for AS/SS Creation

1. Default Re: Sharing custom SpectraStrobe VST plug-ins

Hi all. Very new to this and was wondering if I could get some simple instructions for use.
    I have reaper and was able to get the vst plugins to show up, but not sure where to start.
    I was looking to generate an audiostrobe file from an input soundtrack. Is this the function of these plugins or is it a manual endeavor?
    Thanks for any help!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sharing custom SpectraStrobe VST plug-ins

Hello and welcome!

If I'm not mistaken, I think the plugins are for SpectraStrobe, not AudioStrobe.
    Did you follow all the links to the instructions in the first post?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Sharing custom SpectraStrobe VST plug-ins

Hello and Thanks!

According to the documentation "The green SpectraStrobe tone by itself is the same as AudioStrobe". I did read the documentation and still feel lost where to begin. I assume it is because I am such a noob in this area. It appears the Cymatic LFO can break up a signal into oscillations and the CymaticSpectraStrobe generates tones. A simple example workflow would be very helpful if any of you have time. Thanks!

4. Default Re: Sharing custom SpectraStrobe VST plug-ins

Alright, I was able to use Cymatic LFO to oscillate my input audio with Tempo Sync and I can hear the effect is very cool! Now I want to create an AudioStrobe that matches the same oscillation. I'm stuck at this point.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sharing custom SpectraStrobe VST plug-ins

Been playing around with these plugins a bit more and they are great!

Would love to talk to others that have used these if anyone wants to chat. Send me a PM if you're interested in discussing.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Sharing custom SpectraStrobe VST plug-ins

Hi Everyone,

I've got some news regarding some possible new SpectraStrobe tools in this thread. Thanks!

7. Default Re: Cymatic Custom VSTs for AS/SS Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Cymatic View Post
    I've created and shared an initial version of two VST plug-ins that are geared towards making SpectraStrobe audio content. I've added a VST section to my SpectraStrobe resources github page.

You can find the plug-ins here. Just download the resources .zip file.

You can also read the instructions of the plug-ins here and here.

I've mostly created these for personal use and for educational purposes, but I figured I would share them here for anyone else interested. I'm trying to stay pretty lean on development effort so these are fairly minimal. No special custom GUI or anything. So far in testing they seem stable, but they're pretty new so YMMV. There are 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but Windows only at this point.

One plug-in generates AudioStrobe and SpectraStrobe control signals and takes care of some frequency filtering for you. From there you can adjust your DAW's audio and panning per track to control the LED signal. Basic audio input modulation is also possible. The other plug-in is a complimentary LFO (low frequency oscillator) plug-in that further allows you to control and modulate the LED colors to more interesting effects, with frequencies ranging from ~0 hz to 100 hz.

These plug-ins do not generate any audible tones like binaural, monaural, isochronic, etc., although I might eventually create a tone generating plug-in if it seems valuable enough, but I figured these would be the most likely to exist elsewhere.

Cheers
    Hi,
    I came here to get some infos about MWS, like many, and found interesting posts like yours. And I came to the conclusion that MWS is dead for ever... so I did some searching on Internet and found a brilliant guy who recently created Faded Instruments and who is proposing a VST/AU BB generator for a very affordable price with great features Harmonal Binaurics. As Im comfortable in Logic Ill go with this solution and wanted to share this in the forum !

8. Default Re: Cymatic Custom VSTs for AS/SS Creation

Hello. I am grateful I stumbled upon the Mindplaces forum and Cymatic SpectraStrobe VST Plugins. I was a Transcorp Mind WorkStation user and have felt lost with finding a solution to create BWE the way I want to. Cymatic SpectraStrobe VST Plugins seem like they may help me with that. The problem I am having is I am a Presonus Studio One Pro (5.2.1) user and I can only get the Cymatic LFO to load. I have tried reloading and resetting my plugins many times with no success. I know Studio One very well so I am not interested in switching to another DAW. I want to add entrainment to some auditory journeys/stories I've created and Cymatic might be the perfect solution. Any suggestions on getting Binaural Tone Generator VST to load? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Cymatic Custom VSTs for AS/SS Creation

Quote Originally Posted by Jairbair View Post
    Hello. I am grateful I stumbled upon the Mindplaces forum and Cymatic SpectraStrobe VST Plugins. I was a Transcorp Mind WorkStation user and have felt lost with finding a solution to create BWE the way I want to. Cymatic SpectraStrobe VST Plugins seem like they may help me with that. The problem I am having is I am a Presonus Studio One Pro (5.2.1) user and I can only get the Cymatic LFO to load. I have tried reloading and resetting my plugins many times with no success. I know Studio One very well so I am not interested in switching to another DAW. I want to add entrainment to some auditory journeys/stories I've created and Cymatic might be the perfect solution. Any suggestions on getting Binaural Tone Generator VST to load? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Weird how you can load the LFO and not the tone generator. Unfortunately, there is a licensing issue with the plugin, and the folks at Cymatic are not putting any effort into updating it in favor of creating a new and improved plugin.

You dont need a plugin to make binaural beats. Make a track and put a tone generator on it. Crank the pan to the left. This is your carrier tone.

Create another tone track and pan it all the way to the right. This is your offset tone.

The difference in pitch between the two tracks determines the beat. A carrier at 180 Hz pitch and an offset at 190 will produce a 10 Hz beat.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cymatic Custom VSTs for AS/SS Creation

If you can't get the SS generator plugin working, then you'll have trouble. You need the reference signal to identify the encoding as "SpectraStrobe"
    (See here)

Joe, do you want to generate a reference tone and post it here as a "wav" file (maybe a minute or less, it could be looped for a session)?
    Then you can drop that track into your DAW software and use it without having to have the SS plugin.
    -Andy.

Thread Information