Thread: Problem with using Kasina, audio-video, on Windows PC, via usb cable

Lightbulb Problem with using Kasina, audio-video, on Windows PC, via usb cable

In short, I connect Casina via USB cable to pc win 10, start winamp or other player, play songs over 160 kbs, but in very little time it hangs audio-visual with a deafening and continuous sound.
    Then change the audio card settings from Kasina to PC and back to Kasina and go again, but for the same short time 1-2 minutes.
    What can I do to use the Kasina audio-visual (color-organ) connected to the PC (for music variety) via the usb cable? Am I wrong somewhere?
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with using Kasina, audio-video, on Windows PC, via usb cable

Hello;

That doesn't sound good!

The problem is not going to be with the Kasina. It's simply operating as a USB audio device. It sounds more like you have perhaps some corrupted audio files or maybe an issue with that computer?

Please try 2 things:
    1. Play the files using a different USB audio device if you have one, or at least through your computer speakers to verify that the files are ok.
    2. Try using the Kasina with a different computer.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem with using Kasina, audio-video, on Windows PC, via usb cable

Also try playing one of the Kasina sessions on your computer, but back through the Kasina via USB and see if you have the same problem.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks for the quick answer, Andi!

I tried one of the variants.
    First of all, audio files are okay - listened to on my PC and phone, I hear normally without interruptions or other problems
    Secondly, I transferred the Kasina content from the 8Gb card to another 16GB, after formatting on FAT32, 32KB memory units.
    I did this because when I connected Kasina to my PC there was a message asking for "check the drive for errors" and I wanted any more space for third mp3 files.
    After this operation, Kasina is no longer blocked as a forward, but it has 3-4 short stops (including glasses) per song.

I'm going to check out the last suggestion, namely to download a Kasina file to PC and listen to it through Kasina.
    I will also consider using another cable and checking the integrity of the USB port!

The idea of ​​using Kasina via USB to PC is related to the wide variety of music like youtube, spotify, deezer, soundcloud, etc.
    Thanks for the reply! A beautiful day!

Blog Entries

Ok, let me know what happens.

Do not allow the computer to "check the drive for errors". It will likely mess it up.
    Just format any micro-SD card as FAT32 for use with the Kasina.
    -Andy.

6. Default Re: Problem with using Kasina, audio-video, on Windows PC, via usb cable

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is helpful regarding SD formatting but... I've done a bit of microcontroller development using various SD card libraries and what I can tell you is that some mirocontrollers on embedded devices (perhaps like the Kasina) have a tough time with SD/microSD cards depending how they are formatted, including severely degraded read/write performance. It is almost always recommended NOT to format the SD cards with your operating system's built-in formatter. If you want to ensure proper performance and compatibility with non-computer based devices you should use the official SD card formatter application for your specific operating system which you can find here: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html which is provided by the SD association. In my own projects this has made a huge difference. I'm not really sure what the Linux equivalent is, or if Linux's built-in formatter formats correctly as-is.

Hello, Andi! Thanks for the idea, Cimatice!

I mention that I made Kasina, the firmware update at 2.06
    I've tried another 2 variants:
    1. download Kasina, AS and SS factory files to PC, running on PC (winamp), total lock after 1 minute,
    2. tried Kasina in the same way on another PC, and obviously another USB port - result - no problem.
    Final Conclusion: Problem USB Port

I take advantage of this discussion and start the following questions:
    - You can do something at the firmware level to be able to simultaneously listen to KBS and non AS / SS mp3 files stored on the Kasina card;
    - ColorOrgan mode can be changed to give color more and faster deeper variations and depths when listening to mp3 non AS / SS files;

Thank you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iulius View Post
    Hello, Andi! Thanks for the idea, Cimatice!

I mention that I made Kasina, the firmware update at 2.06
    I've tried another 2 variants:
    1. download Kasina, AS and SS factory files to PC, running on PC (winamp), total lock after 1 minute,
    2. tried Kasina in the same way on another PC, and obviously another USB port - result - no problem.
    Final Conclusion: Problem USB Port
    Understood. Glad you were able to find the problem - maybe try a different driver for your USB port on the computer that's having trouble?

I take advantage of this discussion and start the following questions:
    - You can do something at the firmware level to be able to simultaneously listen to KBS and non AS / SS mp3 files stored on the Kasina card;
    - ColorOrgan mode can be changed to give color more and faster deeper variations and depths when listening to mp3 non AS / SS files;

Thank you!
    Simultaneous MP3/KBS playback from the micro-SD card would take too much CPU power at the moment. Maybe with a future device. As you know, you can still stream and mix audio with KBS using USB or the AUX cable.
    Have you tried all the various CO modes? There are a bunch of them.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cymatic View Post
    Hey guys I'm not sure if this is helpful regarding SD formatting but... I've done a bit of microcontroller development using various SD card libraries and what I can tell you is that some mirocontrollers on embedded devices (perhaps like the Kasina) have a tough time with SD/microSD cards depending how they are formatted, including severely degraded read/write performance. It is almost always recommended NOT to format the SD cards with your operating system's built-in formatter. If you want to ensure proper performance and compatibility with non-computer based devices you should use the official SD card formatter application for your specific operating system which you can find here: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html which is provided by the SD association. In my own projects this has made a huge difference. I'm not really sure what the Linux equivalent is, or if Linux's built-in formatter formats correctly as-is.
    I'm not sure if that software allows you to override the format for the card if you have, say, a 32GB or larger micro-SD card. From my understanding, it will format those in exFAT format, which is not compatible with the Kasina.
    For larger micro-SD cards, I recommend to follow the procedure outlined here.
    -Andy.

Thread Information