Thread: Lucid Dreaming App

1. Default Lucid Dreaming App

https://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-aid...etty-good.html

In this thread, you can see that someone was working on trying develop a lucid dreaming app that would work with Muse headbands. They seem to have abandoned the project, but it would be really great if someone could make this app if they could just in case no one else on that forum can. I desperately need to astral project as part of a spiritual healing process I'm going through, and using EEG to induce it seems like it would be the only thing that would work for me

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming App

Lucid dreaming is a natural "side effect" of doing BWE sessions. Although it will happen on it's own, this is what I recommend:

1. Start in the "thalpha" range, that is low alpha and high theta.
    2. Gradually lower the frequency .5 Hz until you find a frequency that puts you to sleep.
    3. Once found, raise the frequency .25

So, what your doing is walking the tightrope that is sleep, and learning to cross into light sleep briefly, but still have some awareness. AVS works as a crutch. As you start to drift off into dreamland, keeping a portion of your awareness on the light and sound keeps you present. This will happen naturally with experience. I found practicing in the morning when you are still a bit sleepy, but ready to get up is the best time.

I don't know how an EEG would help, beside being able to zero in on what frequencies to use.

Search: "Lucid Dreaming book"
    There is a community out there interested.
    "Remee Dreamer sleep mask", I've never tried it.
    C. Casteneda"s technique:
    Before you go to sleep remind yourself to "find and look at the back of my hand when I am dreaming."
    Eventually you will.
    When that happens, look away and then back to your hand until the back of your hand does not change into something else.
    No need to get excited just another lucid dream.
    Good luck

4. Default Re: Lucid Dreaming App

Never thought that there is a special app for it. I prefer to do it without any apps, but if it's truth... I mean, does it really work? Found this thread by accident - I was looking for another app. I need a very specific sleep tracker. And I don't know where to find it. It seems like I need to make a special app that I need on my own I even found a nice low code platform on the wavemaker.com site not so long ago. I'm using it for rapid app development. Maybe I can use it for this too?
    Last edited by Monah4p4; 04-09-2020 at 02:48 AM.

5. Default Re: Lucid Dreaming App

Hey man what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Lucid dreaming is a natural "side effect" of doing BWE sessions. Although it will happen on it's own, this is what I recommend:

1. Start in the "thalpha" range, that is low alpha and high theta.
    2. Gradually lower the frequency .5 Hz until you find a frequency that puts you to sleep.
    3. Once found, raise the frequency .25

So, what your doing is walking the tightrope that is sleep, and learning to cross into light sleep briefly, but still have some awareness. AVS works as a crutch. As you start to drift off into dreamland, keeping a portion of your awareness on the light and sound keeps you present. This will happen naturally with experience. I found practicing in the morning when you are still a bit sleepy, but ready to get up is the best time.

I don't know how an EEG would help, beside being able to zero in on what frequencies to use.
    Do you have any clue what the frequency in step #2 could be, by the chance? I understand, it could be different for some people, it would be nice to know some range...
    E.g. I was thinking that 2-3 Hz is going to put myself asleep, but apparently five minutes of 7.78 Hz does similar work, for a few seconds

Hi folks,
    There is some updates on my side:
    I tried to start from 10 Hz and gradually decreasing to 0.5 Hz over 15 and 30 min using isochoric and binaural modulations (4 different variants).
    I simply stay awake during entire session.

There is some soothing effect, though. When I connected EEG, I noticed some decline of alpha waves and usually right after end of the session some delta appear.
    Looks like we're on the right path, but something is still missing.
    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thalpha is considered to be 9-6 Hz. Using an EEG can be tricky because everyone's brainwaves are different. An increase in thalpha amplitude doesn't necessarily mean you should be lucid dreaming. It would help though if you can record your brainwaves during a lucid dream, and use that data to use neurofeedback to replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Thalpha is considered to be 9-6 Hz. Using an EEG can be tricky because everyone's brainwaves are different. An increase in thalpha amplitude doesn't necessarily mean you should be lucid dreaming. It would help though if you can record your brainwaves during a lucid dream, and use that data to use neurofeedback to replicate.
    Thank you for your thoughts.
    I think, this task could be divided into two parts:
    1. knock the subject out
    2. induce Lucidity.

I'm working on the first part right now.
    Based on my observations, if I lay down quite a long time without any attempts to influence brainwaves I go through several phases:
    1. closed eyes, cleared (more or less) mind, Alpha waves dominating
    2. drowsiness, when Delta waves dominating
    3. REM, strong suppression of Alpha and Theta
    or
    3. Deep sleep, domination of Delta and Theta.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how 9-6 hz, which is low Alpha - high Theta could theoretically induce LD, I would bet for Deep sleep, which is not the target right now, but even there my progress is very vague.
    Last edited by s_arty; 01-14-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Thread Information