Thread: Mixing isochronic with binaurals

Default Mixing isochronic with binaurals

Hi, I just wanted to ask is it possible to create a session in Np3 using both isochronic and binaurals in the same session to get the desired frequency?
    For example if I want to make a 10 hz track, I will use 2 tones track, one for isochronic and one for binaurals like this:
    Binaural tones with a 200 hz pitch with entrainment frequency of 10 hz
    Isochronic tones with a pitch of 150 hz with the same entrainment frequency 10 hz.
    Will this method work, I dont know how the pitch works for
    Isochronic tones? Will the 150 hz isochronic pitch collide with 200 hz pitch of binaural giving a 50 hz frequency?
    Is this method right? These days I am seeing some companies claiming that this mixing method is superior than using just binaurals or isochronic to get the desired frequency. I dont know how they mix binaural, isochronics and even monaurals in the same track to entrain to the desired frequency but I am experimenting with it.
    Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mixing isochronic with binaurals

I'll be interested to hear what you discover from your experimentation!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Overlapping binurals with isochronic tones is a novelty at best. The isochronics will overpower the binurals. I have however started a session using isochronic tones, and then faded them into binaurals. I have also used a binaural beat as a base, and then scattered in isochronic tones along the way for various effects.

Then there is the Harmonic Box X which combines binaural and monaural tones to form harmonics of the chosen frequency.

How to do use binaural beat as a base and then scatter the isochronics? I am not really a fan of Harmonic box x because it also produces harmonics along with the target frequency. I read somewhere that if you keep at least a 100 hz difference between carriers of binaurals and isochronics then it works.

For example, To get a desired frequency of 10 hz, you use 150 hz carrier for isochronic and 250 hz carrier for the binaurals. due to the huge difference between carriers they dont create any issue. have you tried this method? do you use NP3 or Mws for session creation?

Quote Originally Posted by asho View Post
    How to do use binaural beat as a base and then scatter the isochronics? I am not really a fan of Harmonic box x because it also produces harmonics along with the target frequency. I read somewhere that if you keep at least a 100 hz difference between carriers of binaurals and isochronics then it works.

For example, To get a desired frequency of 10 hz, you use 150 hz carrier for isochronic and 250 hz carrier for the binaurals. due to the huge difference between carriers they dont create any issue. have you tried this method? do you use NP3 or Mws for session creation?
    Create a binaural track as you normally do. Then add an isochronic track. Use the volume setting to fade them in and out when you want.

The carrier and offset frequencies for binaurals can be tricky. Some pitches work better than others. Gerald Oster charted "optimal" carrier pitches, but I found this to be a guideline rather than the rule. https://healing4happiness.com/oster-...ats-correctly/. For isochronic tones, carrier pitch is just a matter of preference.

Because of the extremely low wave depth of a binaural beat, superimposing an isochronic beat will overpower it. The brain will follow the isochronic tone no matter what the carrier frequency.

Thread Information