Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to put downloaded Sessions on the Kasina

1. Default How to put downloaded Sessions on the Kasina

Andy, I am having challenges figuring out how to download the Procyon sessions to the Kasina. I'm able to get them uploaded to my "downloads" folder but they are one big ZIP file. What do I do next? Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to put downloaded Sessions on the Kasina

Are you on Mac or Windows?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: How to put downloaded Sessions on the Kasina

windows

Blog Entries

Ok.

1. Double-click the .zip file and select "Extract All". You'll end up with a folder that contains all the sessions, and each will have the .mp3 extension.
    2. Plug the usb cable into your Kasina and the other end into your computer.
    3. Power on the Kasina if it isn't already.
    4. Select the USB tile on the Kasina and press the center button on the Kasina.
    5. The Kasina's micro-SD card should show up on your desktop as an external drive called Kasina SD.
    6. Drag the folder of Sessions that you unzipped to the Kasina SD drive, and wait for the files to finish copying. Be sure to NOT drag the .ZIP file, but the UNZIPPED folder.
    7. When it finishes, unplug the USB cable from the Kasina and your computer.
    8. Select Sessions on the Kasina and scroll down to the new folder which will have the same name as the one you dragged to the Kasina.
    9. Press the center button and you should see the list of Procyon sessions.
    10. Press the center button to play the selected session.

Let me know if you get stuck. If you do, please let me know the exact step you got hung up on and any error messages or other information.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: How to put downloaded Sessions on the Kasina

Thanks Andy, this worked out very well! Your instructions were very clear and helpful, I'll save them for future reference. I listened to Meditative Mind remix from Neuroasis and I went into a 5 minute trance, so that was encouraging. Any particular sessions you recommend in Procyon that is good for geometric shapes and/or trance inducing?
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

I'm happy that you were able to get the sessions on your micro-SD card and it all worked.

As far as sessions that are good for shapes, here is some info:
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...as-type-shapes

Please try the search function on the forums to find any info you are looking for. There's been plenty of discussion on all subjects relating to AVS here.
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: How to put downloaded Sessions on the Kasina

thanks Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ok.

1. Double-click the .zip file and select "Extract All". You'll end up with a folder that contains all the sessions, and each will have the .mp3 extension.
    2. Plug the usb cable into your Kasina and the other end into your computer.
    3. Power on the Kasina if it isn't already.
    4. Select the USB tile on the Kasina and press the center button on the Kasina.
    5. The Kasina's micro-SD card should show up on your desktop as an external drive called Kasina SD.
    6. Drag the folder of Sessions that you unzipped to the Kasina SD drive, and wait for the files to finish copying. Be sure to NOT drag the .ZIP file, but the UNZIPPED folder.
    7. When it finishes, unplug the USB cable from the Kasina and your computer.
    8. Select Sessions on the Kasina and scroll down to the new folder which will have the same name as the one you dragged to the Kasina.
    9. Press the center button and you should see the list of Procyon sessions.
    10. Press the center button to play the selected session.

Let me know if you get stuck. If you do, please let me know the exact step you got hung up on and any error messages or other information.
    I followed these instructions on a Windows computer too, but it isn't working. I unzipped the folders, then dragged them to the Kasina SD drive. It shows the transfer bar going to 100% completion. I unplug everything and go to Sessions, and there is nothing there. I tried copying to both the Kasina drive, and also directly to the Kasina folder on the Kasina drive. Neither method worked - no files show up. Any ideas? Thanks.

Blog Entries

When you say you "go to Session and there's nothing there", do you mean there are no sessions there at all (even the factory sessions are gone?)
    Are you doing this with the Procyon sessions that the OP was referring to or different sessions?
    No need to put the sessions in the "KASINA" folder, they should just go into the root folder.
    -Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    When you say you "go to Session and there's nothing there", do you mean there are no sessions there at all (even the factory sessions are gone?)
    Are you doing this with the Procyon sessions that the OP was referring to or different sessions?
    No need to put the sessions in the "KASINA" folder, they should just go into the root folder.
    Yes, I was trying to transfer the Procyon sessions. I mean that the Procyon sessions are not there. The factory sessions are still there.

Thread Information