Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transparent corp legal action/class action lawsuit

1. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

I agree with your Chrisjswanson, I spent over $1K on NP3 and I would love to have it resolved. I was promised "lifetime access" with the "enterprise" version, I do have all their receipts too. So much money wasted... and knowing that Brain.fm is up and running? I am furious. Is there anything we can do?

2. Default Re: community members who have NP3 running .... please come together ... an appeal

I have the trial versions of these software, i hope this could help someone in this forum:
    1) Neuroprogrammer 3.3.1.0 (109MB)
    2) MindWorkStation 1.6.0.0 (119MB)
    3) MindStudio 1.3.0.0 (72,2 MB)
    They need activation code (that you should have) to activate Pro or Ultimate version.
    Kaspersky Internet Security, during installation, consider them as a virus but i suppose they are false positive.

Blog Entries

Default Re: community members who have NP3 running .... please come together ... an appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Fast and curious View Post
    I have the trial versions of these software, i hope this could help someone in this forum:
    1) Neuroprogrammer 3.3.1.0 (109MB)
    2) MindWorkStation 1.6.0.0 (119MB)
    3) MindStudio 1.3.0.0 (72,2 MB)
    They need activation code (that you should have) to activate Pro or Ultimate version.
    Kaspersky Internet Security, during installation, consider them as a virus but i suppose they are false positive.
    Moved your post here. All the info you need is in this thread.
    If you haven't purchased the product, you're out of luck. Better (and cheaper) to move to the free plugins and your favourite DAW.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjswanson View Post
    My first thought is to have someone who's still got the binaries to provide them, decompile it, post it on github, and start encouraging a community effort to reverse engineer and create an open source version. If Transparent gets pissed off and intervenes, it'll make it really clear where their motivations are, and they'll have to answer to all existing paying customers. If they leave the project alone, I'd gladly contribute to the effort. It was really good software.
    Not possible. I'm a software developer. While I'm nowhere near skilled enough to develop something like NP or MWS, I do know enough to be able to say that what you seek is not possible. I see many people getting the wrong idea about what decompiling actually is. Once code is compiled into a binary (i.e. EXE) there is no going back to original source code. The way executables are modified (e.g. a crack) is another executable patches certain parts of that file. In order to do such, the executable that one wants to crack or modify is disassembled. Disassembly does not provide original source code. It only converts (so to speak) the executable into a low level language known as assembly. If one knows assembly, they can get a good idea of what the software does and how it functions. Therefore, the most one could accomplish is to crack (i.e. create a patch) to remove the license validation.

That brings me to a common theme in this thread: issues with using NP or MWS on older versions of Windows. I encountered this with NP3 on windows 8. After seeing what was going on a few years ago and noticing Transparent Corp support was AWOL, I tried to figure it out myself. I discovered that the particular issue is due to the licensing system (i.e. software) used to protect the binary. If I remember correct, it was a commercial software (i.e. not a home-spun licensing system). At least it was a few years back when I looked at it. I eventually gave up on it as it was apparent Transparent Corp was abandoning their software with zero notice to their users.

Reading this thread, I see that Adam had some major health issues that prevented him from continuing development. I can totally understand the reason for him ceasing development. However, at the time there are a number of folks (same ones listead as the team for Brain.fm) that were the "team" for Transparent Corp with NP and MWS. How come no one tried to make any communication to users? Even with Adam being bedridden, I feel there should have been someone within the company that had the right or authority to speak on his behalf. With that, at the very least, they could have posted to the Facebook page, Twitter, or the official website.

In addition, I found it to be rather shady to keep up the e-commerce section of the website. I saw this as a company whose products were going belly up yet were still being sold despite there being absolutely zero support (i.e. support tickets were never responded to). Was Adam the only one who had the authority and access to post to social media or the website? What about the support ticket system? Was Adam the only one who had access to the support ticket system?

I hate for my first post here to be cynical, but I have to agree with what others have said. NP by itself is a direct threat to Brain.fm. Why spend money on a subscription of premade BWE tracks when you can use NP to create literally any BWE track you want? While I haven't looked at all of what's offered on Brain.fm, from what I've seen, all of what I saw could easily be created with NP. If Transparent Corp wanted to monetize the BWE tracks thing, why not just be upfront with the customers? After this experience I would never purchase any product or service from anyone connected with Transparent Corp. How can I be sure that out the blue they won't just decide to abandon the Brain.fm project and leave customers hanging?

Now that I'm getting back into BWE, I'm looking around for a replacement for NP. I loved it. It was easy to use and quite flexible for create one's own BWE tracks. Thus far, the closest alternative I've found is Sharm Studio. That allows one to create binaural beats, isochronic tones, hypnosis tracks, self-hypnosis tracks, as well as subliminal message/affirmation tracks. With built in nature sounds and ambient sounds, it's an all-in-one package.

The one thing that I do miss with NP is the help file. It wasn't just a help file for NP. It had tons of great information on brainwave entrainment.

Default Re: Transparent corp legal action/class action lawsuit

I hate for my first post here to be cynical, but I have to agree with what others have said. NP by itself is a direct threat to Brain.fm. Why spend money on a subscription of premade BWE tracks when you can use NP to create literally any BWE track you want? While I haven't looked at all of what's offered on Brain.fm, from what I've seen, all of what I saw could easily be created with NP. If Transparent Corp wanted to monetize the BWE tracks thing, why not just be upfront with the customers? After this experience I would never purchase any product or service from anyone connected with Transparent Corp. How can I be sure that out the blue they won't just decide to abandon the Brain.fm project and leave customers hanging?
    Adam had given me a complimentary unlimited membership to brain.fm, after he left, they revoked my subscription, so you're probably right

Now that I'm getting back into BWE, I'm looking around for a replacement for NP. I loved it. It was easy to use and quite flexible for create one's own BWE tracks. Thus far, the closest alternative I've found is Sharm Studio. That allows one to create binaural beats, isochronic tones, hypnosis tracks, self-hypnosis tracks, as well as subliminal message/affirmation tracks. With built in nature sounds and ambient sounds, it's an all-in-one package.
    Gnaural is good, and it's free. It does a lot more than just binaural beats. Together with a DAW, you have a pretty good system. Only thing missing is the lights, which you can add with the DAW using a plugin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nck9SX52qpU

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Gnaural is good, and it's free. It does a lot more than just binaural beats. Together with a DAW, you have a pretty good system. Only thing missing is the lights, which you can add with the DAW using a plugin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nck9SX52qpU
    It may be just me, but I find Gnaural to be a bit cumbersome to use. It would be nice if one cold just easily type in a number for the frequency they want and it do its thing instead of having to manually move the lines. I also find Gnaural to have a rather dated look. I don't expect any flashy UI but a more modern look would be nice. That is, something that doesn't look like it was made in the early to mid 90s.

Thus far, Gnaural is about the only free one. It's difficult to even find commercial software to do this. Only thing that seems to be out there are premade BWE tracks, premade self-hypnosis tracks, and premade subliminal message tracks. Guessing there's more money in paying for tracks than there is for software to develop one's own tracks.

Blog Entries

So has anyone here tried the free SS plugins with their favourite DAW?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

8. Default Re: Transparent corp legal action/class action lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So has anyone here tried the free SS plugins with their favourite DAW?
    Yes I have try but notice reaper is now new and only for money to get. The most daw are very complex for audio engineers and I feel it's needs a lot of time and knowledge to create files in spectrastrobe. So I have completely change like a lot that I knowing to audiostrobe again and I get a very good feedback to my audiostrobe files from clients. I use sharm studio and rework with a audiostrobe toolkit very easy. For me is spectrastrobe a death format. Brainwave 3d company have change back to audiostrobe too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
    Yes I have try but notice reaper is now new and only for money to get.
    60 day free trial, and then only $60.00. MUCH cheaper than Transparent's offering!

The most daw are very complex for audio engineers and I feel it's needs a lot of time and knowledge to create files in spectrastrobe.
    Creating content on MWS is also something that takes time to learn. Creating AudioStrobe tracks takes just as long.

So I have completely change like a lot that I knowing to audiostrobe again and I get a very good feedback to my audiostrobe files from clients. I use sharm studio and rework with a audiostrobe toolkit very easy.
    How much was Sharm Studio? $109/$199? It's more expensive than Reaper.

For me is spectrastrobe a death format.
    It is still a much more powerful format than AS. I know JoeV is looking into creating some content using Reaper. If anyone else is interested, it would be great to get others involved so we can learn together!
    -Andy.

It is still a much more powerful format than AS. I know JoeV is looking into creating some content using Reaper. If anyone else is interested, it would be great to get others involved so we can learn together
    Yep. I am looking to simplify the reaper interface to include only the features important to create BWE sessions. Then I will create a library of sessions you can plug and play, or modify, similar to MWS or NP3. I am looking for someone that knows a lot about Reaper, and maybe someone that can create plug ins that aren't available.
    Last edited by JoeV; 09-27-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Thread Information