Thread: New Proteus manual available

Default New Proteus manual available

We've released a new version of the Proteus manual; it includes correct documentation about the "decimal" issue (in particular, how to turn on "monocolor mode" for use with old-style LightFrames and to use left/right stimulation). It also corrects a few other items and includes an FAQ section.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy; 06-20-2006 at 06:49 PM.

2. Default Re: New Proteus manual available

Hi,

may I suggest that you include some more and very specific text regarding the use of serial-to-USB converters.

Virtually no pc - neither laptop or desktop - does offer a regular COM-port any more. I guess it has been so for at least two years by now (Europe).

So if mr. everybody is supposed to get some fun out of the editor / extra sessions etc. please do write in detail how to survive with the Proteus and a converter. Should be part of the manual not just in some forum which most never see.

Maybe you can point on some converters that work with every Proteus and every pc. I don't. I use an ATEN232 based converter. It is cheep and seems to do the job in 4 out of 5 combinations of pc and Proteus (new model for external power supply). And only if I inside the editor force the tranmission speed really low.

Please make that clear to people. Maybe your software in the editor or Proteus needs adjustments regarding this problem as well.

K.R.

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Proteus manual available

Thank you for the suggestion. I will put something together.

Of course there needs to be a disclaimer as some USB->RS232 cables simply will not work. The main reason is because some do not allow manual selection of the COM port, and often start at ridiculous COM numbers like 15 which obviously the software will not recognize. The issue is with the specific drivers for that device which obviously MP can do nothing about!

Luckily, the new products will have USB and this will no longer be an issue in the future.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MindMan
    may I suggest that you include some more and very specific text regarding the use of serial-to-USB converters.
    Done. Please see: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hread.php?t=37

Let me know if this is clear and/or you have any comments or questions.

Blog Entries

These manuals are now available under the Proteus section at www.mindplacesupport.com

Thread Information