Thread: A newbie question about putting sessions on the Procyon

1. Default A newbie question about putting sessions on the Procyon

I just got my Procyon yesterday. It replaces my Photosonix Innerpulse, which, while being a decent machine, had poor quality control. The Procyon is my fourth Sound and Light machine. I've been using them since about 1999.

I have a question about uploading new sessions into the Procyon. I see that there is a USB connection to the computer, and the manual tells me to install a driver for the Procyon. No problem. I have the editor software, but I don't expect to design my own session for the time being. First, I just want to get to know the Procyon a little bit.

But I would like to upload some of the more complex sessions that are on the website. However, the manual doesn't really address the procedure for uploading sessions.

Do I use the session editor software to upload sessions to the Procyon or is there some other library application which manages sessions?

Can someone tell me (or point me to) some basic instructions for transferring downloaded sessions onto the Procyon?

Thanks,

Blog Entries

Default Re: A newbie question about putting sessions on the Procyon

Hi Waxwing and welcome to the forums!

I would suggest starting by reading the editor manual (http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Procyon.htm). The information on how to upload sessions or albums of sessions to the Procyon starts about page 4.

I'm not sure that there are any more complex sessions available on the website for the Procyon. There have been some Proteus sessions that have been converted, but no more that I know about...

I'm hoping that people will start to build their own sessions and we'll post them here, but for now there's more Proteus user sessions than Procyon. This is of course due to the age of the Proteus and the very large user base for that product. One day we hope the Procyon will reach the popularity of the Proteus!

Any more questions, please fire away!

-Andy.

Hi, I?m totaly new here, I have my Procyon for 2 weeks and I?m ravished.

My sleeping problems are away! For about 15 years I haven?t slept well. The first night with No. 25 I awoke at 3 a.m. - as usually - and as usually I didn?t sleep till morning. But I felt so strong and relaxed (and I don?t remember to take off glases which were lying far from me). After three hours of rolling over I got up (at about 6,30 a.m.!!! - I hate getting up!) and I sat only with tea at my computer and I worked till 9 a.m. Then, I fell in the bed, almost dead, of course.
    And since the third night I have very deep sleeping without breaks! So, thank you very much! (Excuse my poor English, please, I speak Czech)

And now my question. I wanted to upload some sessions I found here. And as I knew there is place for 250 other sessions, I started without a big selections . But I uploaded only 18 sessions (converted from Proteus) - as "Add if possible" and Procyon told me, there was no more space.

1. So - is there any other space to store them?
    2. If no, I need to use zip file with factory sessions of Proycon and overwrite all of 67 sessions and then choose carefully. But should I add numbers to factory session, or should I pick them successively according the list in manual, or will they find there own place correctly?
    3. Is it necessary to upload them successively, or is there a possibility to upload all of them in one step? (e.g. album or so)
    4. Or, perhaps, could I delete only these 18 sessions?

Thank you in advance, I apreciate very much this forum where I found already so many answers! Rena

Yuppppp??????!

I?m mastering my Procyon knowledge!
    I copied te PRb file found on the CD that came with Procyon to the folder with Factory sessions. (But it was necessary to throw away the files not mentioned on the list.) Only this way it worked to copy them to Proycon.
    And than I choose another files PRw found here on the forum, created an album PRb and uploaded them in one step to Procyon.

Perhaps those 14 days of using Procyon improved my mind. Rena
    Last edited by Rena; 09-17-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Problem solved!

But what I don?t understand, is the lack of room on the memory. When I started to upload, I uploaded only 1 session "Overwrite" to see, how mach room there is.
    There was about 28 000 occupied. (Perhaps by software) And about 30 000 free.
    Than I uploaded album of Proycon "Overwrite" (even without Ph files, but it doesn?n change the size), so there was 50 000 occupied and about 8 000 free. When I uploaded 17 files (normal size, 0-1) there is only 4000 free. So except the album, there is place only for about 35 files.
    But they say it should be place for 250 another sessions!
    How is it possible? What did I wrong?
    Can you help me, please? Rena

Hi, Rena--

I'm delighted to hear that your Procyon is helping with your sleep problems!

The Procyon has space for a total of about 1,500 segments, and a maximum of 250 sessions. The factory sessions are 'complex', typically with dozens of segments, so they do fill much of the internal memory.

It's possible for you to make your own albums (see 'how to create an album', p 32 in the Procyon Editor User's Guide, available from the Procyon section of mindplacesupport.com); this is really a simple list of the sessions you will want in the album.

So, you could mix factory sessions with your own to create a new album.

You can also back up the sessions now in your Procyon and replace them with new sessions or an album, to conserve space.

I hope this answers you questions to your satisfaction!

-Robert

Hi Rena,

The Procyon unit sets aside 32768 (2^15) bytes of memory for storing session data. The unit can also hold up to 250 sessions provided they occupy less than 32769 bytes. That would be about 131 bytes per session (which is a very short session).

The average size of the factory sessions is 517 bytes and all together they take up 25344 bytes. That leaves 7424 bytes for addtional sessions, or about 14 average sized sessions.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
    theRock

Thread Information