Thread: Uploading to Procyon

Default Uploading to Procyon

Hi,
    I have tried uploading to Procyon using editor. I even tried archiving sessions all with no luck.
    It tells me port is not open then Procyon is not responding.
    I am connecting using USB and tried using SES setting and PC setting.
    I am on Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Uploading to Procyon

What version (Rev #) of Procyon do you have?

How to figure out your Procyon's Rev #:
    When you first power on the Procyon, it will display the following on the display, in sequence:
    on
    oS
    { a 3-digit number which refers to the Firmware version }
    SES
    { a session number }

The important number is the 3-digit Firmware version.

If your Firmware version is 1.7.x (where x is some number) then you have a Rev 1 Procyon.
    If your Firmware version is 2.1.x AND the Ganzframe (Light Frame) plug is rectangular, you have a Rev 2 Procyon.
    If your Firmware version is 2.1.x AND the Ganzframe plug is round, you have a Rev 3 Procyon.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I have 2.1.6 AND the Ganzframe plug is round so I have a Rev 3 Procyon.

Blog Entries

Very odd!

Here are the instructions for installing the Procyon Driver and Editor. Please follow them exactly and let me know where you get stuck.

To use the Procyon Editor, you first have to download the Procyon Driver and Procyon Editor, from here.

Once you have downloaded them, unzip the files and in the folder created containing the Procyon Driver, double-click install.cmd
    Now, plug in the USB cable to your Procyon and to the computer. Your Procyon should power itself on.
    As the driver recognizes the Procyon, in the balloon at the bottom right of your screen, you will see what COM port has been created.

When it completes, you can then unzip and install the Procyon Editor by clicking on the Setup.exe file in the folder created after you extracted the downloaded Editor archive.
    Now run the Procyon Editor by clicking Procyon AVS in your Start Menu.

On the Procyon Editor, select the Serial Communications menu item.
    Select Set COM Port
    Select either the COM port that was created (if you saw) or the highest available (non-red) COM port if you didn't catch what number it was when the driver installed.
    Select the Serial Communications menu item again.
    Select Open COM Port

If things are working correctly, you should see the red light in the top left corner change from red to green.

If you run into any difficulties, there is a walk-through video here.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

The first time I installed the editor I thought the drivers where installed also because I saw a driver folder. This time I tried running install.cmd and saw no action so I ran the executable then the drivers installed. I then ran editor and things still did not work. After rebooting I tried again then a port opened so I tried archiving the sessions but didn't see where a file was made. Is archiving the session taking only a few seconds or is it longer and is there a dialog when it is finished?
    I uploaded a session and it seems to have worked. According to the editor when uploading I had 67, now I have 68.

Blog Entries

Well, the program is very old, written back in Windows 98 days, so it's not surprising that it's a little finicky under modern Windows OS's.

When you use the Archive command, it opens a folder window that allows you to choose where to save the file.
    Please see page 6 of the Editor manual for details.
    -Andy.

Thread Information