Thread: 'Loop' setting

Default 'Loop' setting

I've set Settings-General-Loop Playing to 'YES'.

I expected this to mean that once i had selected a session, it would play repeatedly on a loop.

However, it doesn't seem to have any effect, i.e. when I play a session, it plays once and then stops.

Have I misunderstood what this setting actually does ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: 'Loop' setting

Hello;

The Loop setting controls whether or not the Kasina will "loop" back to the first session in the folder after playing the last session, but it only functions when you are in "Playlist mode". To activate playlist mode, instead of pressing the center button to start playback, press the right button. When activated this way, it will play the current session, and when finished, will move on to the next session.
    If Loop is set to NO, then when it reaches the last session in the folder, it will stop playing. If Loop is set to YES, after playing the last session in the folder, it will "loop" back to the first session in the folder and start playing it. It will continue to loop forever until you press stop or the battery dies.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: 'Loop' setting

Just to update, with the latest firmware (2.04) we've changed the LOOP function to work more as would be expected. If the LOOP function is on, when you play a session normally (pressing the center button), it will repeat that same session over and over until you press stop or the battery runs out!

In Playlist mode, the LOOP function works the same as it did in the past:
    When LOOP is on, and you are using playlist mode (pressing the right button instead of the centre button to play sessions) it will play the highlighted session, then continue to the next session in the folder, all the way to the last session in the folder. When the last session in the folder finishes, it will go back to the start of the folder and start over again, playing all sessions in the folder, until you press stop or the battery dies.
    If LOOP is off, and you are using playlist mode, it will play the highlighted session, then all the rest of the sessions in the folder, until it finishes the last session in the folder and then it will stop.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information