Thread: Procyon - Allergy Issues?

1. Default Procyon - Allergy Issues?

Hi,

I'm just really beginning my investigation of different options and products out on the market, but have a couple questions that I was hoping someone might be able to answer:

1) With regards to allergies - I have an allergy to latex as well as most "faux" leathers where certain adhesives are used. I was wondering what materials are used in the headphones etc (have had a terrible time trying to find headphones that don't cause problems)

2) I'm in Canada and would prefer not to have to wait for border hassles or deal with extra duty levied arbitrarily... I noticed on your website that you mention having warehouses in Canada - is this the case, and if so, how would I go about placing an order in Canada?

Thanks very much in advance,

Kevin

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon - Allergy Issues?

Hi Kevin,

Quote Originally Posted by kayonits View Post
    Hi,

I'm just really beginning my investigation of different options and products out on the market, but have a couple questions that I was hoping someone might be able to answer:

1) With regards to allergies - I have an allergy to latex as well as most "faux" leathers where certain adhesives are used. I was wondering what materials are used in the headphones etc (have had a terrible time trying to find headphones that don't cause problems)
    If you have found a pair of headphones that work for you, the Procyon comes with a standard jack that can accommodate all headphones.

The type of material that covers the Procyon headphones is a foam cover.

Have you considered getting headphone ear-piece covers made? If not, you could try thin material such as nylon, light cotton or cheese cloth. There may be something already manufactured on the market but it would be harder to find than to have someone make. Think of it as little booties for your headphones. The thing to keep in mind is that you want the material to be thin enough so that it doesn't muffle the sound. Mind you, it's not critical with a light and sound machine because it's the rhythm of the beat that creates the necessary frequency, not the tone.

2) I'm in Canada and would prefer not to have to wait for border hassles or deal with extra duty levied arbitrarily... I noticed on your website that you mention having warehouses in Canada - is this the case, and if so, how would I go about placing an order in Canada?
    I just happen to be the Canadian Distributor and can help you. Please send me a PM (Private Message) on the forum.

Marisa
    Last edited by Andy; 09-17-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Remove e-mail address

3. Default Re: Procyon - Allergy Issues?

Thanks for the very quick response! I appreciate your suggestions about the covers etc... I think you're likely bang on - though I've been hoping to find something professionally made that uses silicone or some other non-allergenic material.

I was also wondering how the unit works with .mp3 audio (ie: does it need to be hooked up to an MP3 player of some sort, or can it use an SD or Compact Flash card?) - also, will the led's work with regular audio, or does it need to have some sort of special encoding in the recording itself? Specifically wondering about this because I was hoping to use this with self-hypnosis recordings, but trying to figure out how to ensure that the led's are in synch with the sort of wave patters that are desired rather than random etc...

I've emailed you to get further details about purchasing a unit in Canada.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Blog Entries

Hi Kevin,

Specifically wondering about this because I was hoping to use this with self-hypnosis recordings, but trying to figure out how to ensure that the led's are in synch with the sort of wave patters that are desired rather than random etc...
    The voice and the L&S program do not have to be in synch. What's important is the actual L&S program, which needs to be on a Theta based program in order to coax your brain into a suggestible state (hypnosis).

The voice on the CD is useful in giving you the suggestions but not in maintaining the necessary brain waves. The only time the voice could interrupt the brain entrainment is if it is high pitched and the rate of speech is very fast. If you are making the CD yourself, in the library area of the forum, I've written a short tutorial on how to make your own self-hypnosis CD that you may find interesting.

Of course, you can ask all the questions you want on the subject here on the forum.

Did you know that you may be able to get rid of your allergies through self hypnosis?

M.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kayonits View Post
    I was also wondering how the unit works with .mp3 audio (ie: does it need to be hooked up to an MP3 player of some sort, or can it use an SD or Compact Flash card?) - also, will the led's work with regular audio, or does it need to have some sort of special encoding in the recording itself?
    Hi Kevin;
    I'll try and answer your question.
    The Procyon has an audio input, and it can be fed audio from the headphone jack of a CD or MP3 player. In the case of the CD, you can use this for regular music, synchromuse (synchronized lights to the audio) or audiostrobe (another kind of synchronized lights to audio). With MP3, you can use regular music or audiostrobe. Synchromuse will not work with MP3 due to the encoding process corrupting the needed data signals embedded within the synchromuse audio.
    I think Marisa covered the rest very well, but ask again if you have any further questions!

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Did you know that you may be able to get rid of your allergies through self hypnosis?
    Please can you give us some advices how to do it? Thanks, Rena

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rena View Post
    Please can you give us some advices how to do it? Thanks, Rena
    It's not something that I can tell you how to do in a message. You are better off getting some books on hypnotherapy (the principles are the same) and learning how to apply them to yourself. There are lots of good books on the market.

M.

Thread Information