Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

  1. #41

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
    NP3 and MWS work on my computer with Windows 10 version1709.

    Do not use the new version 1803, and re-install version 1709
    Good luck
    Are legacy versions available on their website? Thanks.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,584
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
    NP3 and MWS work on my computer with Windows 10 version1709.

    Do not use the new version 1803, and re-install version 1709
    Good luck
    Well, that just proves the problem is Microsoft's, not Transparent's. However, we'll probably need Transparent's help in pushing MS to fix the problem...
    -Andy.

    Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,584
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    I heard again from TC, and they are most definitely on it. Because it's a problem that MS created with their new update, they have to figure out what MS did to break the software. (You can see if you search for that specific error there have been many programs affected over the years, not just TC's). Either MS has to fix it or TC has to figure out a workaround for this new MS bug.

    I expect you will see a fix or a suggested workaround soon.

    By the way, I tried reverting to a previous version but it left my Win10 install unable to restart, so I wouldn't recommend that right now.
    -Andy.

    Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

  4. #44

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    all versions are available here : http://windowsiso.net/windows-10-iso...uild-16299-15/

    Only the latest version (1803) is available on the Microsoft website.

  5. #45

    Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

    Quote Originally Posted by gareth View Post
    did you consider installing the .net version it requires?
    Okay... Whats the difference between the ".net" version. and the Microsoft updated .NET Framework version.? I went to the Microsoft website, and MS determined that reinstalling the old version was not an option with the new updated version of .NET Framework..

    Look.. IF you have been able to "SAFELY"get this software fully operational through some other means, by all means SHARE..

    You're communicating with full purchasers of Transparent software who are in a bit of a panic because this rather spendy software is no longer operational.. My knowledge of Microsoft code is extremely limited; so you would have to explain in detail, how to attempt to consider installing the ".net version" of Framework without crashing my entire OS and making a bad situation worse..

    Please feel free to PM me or Email me gareth

    If you do not reply, I will ASSUME you are not serious about you previous suggestion..

  6. #46

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    Has there been any success with anyone reinstalling Windows 10 version1709 and reactivating their Transparent software?

    If so; is it feasible to assume that deactivating the automatic update for Windows 10 is logical.?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,584
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    Quote Originally Posted by Renovartia View Post
    Has there been any success with anyone reinstalling Windows 10 version1709 and reactivating their Transparent software?

    If so; is it feasible to assume that deactivating the automatic update for Windows 10 is logical.?
    I installed a previous version of Win10 and the TC software works fine. If that's an option for you, then that will work.
    -Andy.

    Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

  8. #48

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I installed a previous version of Win10 and the TC software works fine. If that's an option for you, then that will work.
    Sorry to seem like such a nuisance Andy, but you have to understand peoples alarm when they purchase $300.00+ Software and;
    1.The Support website goes dark.
    2.Communication with the human beings who oversee the software is reduced to a "selected few".
    3.When the Software is still being sold but there is absolutely NO TECH SUPPORT for it..

    Not a very comforting combination if one Software no longer work.. Wouldn't you say?
    Hopefully the controllers of Transparent Corp. can display some type of HONOR for a product they still appear to be selling to others..
    Have a great day and
    Thank you for your patients, understanding, and empathy about the matter Andy..

    Best regards,
    Alarmed Transparent software customer.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,584
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    I understand. It's concerning to me as well.

    The best solution currently, if you want to use TC products until they put out a fix, is to install a VM, like VMWare Workstation or VirtualBox on your PC and install an older version of Win10 on there. (You should be able to activate it with your current Win10 activation code). That is what I have done and it will run the TC software properly.
    I would also turn off automatic updates.
    https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-r...ly-update.html
    -Andy.

    Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

  10. #50

    Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

    There is now an official response from Adam Hewett of Transparent Corp. Please see: https://www.transparentcorp.com/

    Regards,
    Rob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •