Thread: Couple more questions re kasina

1. Default Couple more questions re kasina

Hi again,

I have a problem. I like the kasina, as it works quicker on me than just audio BWE. However, I find I cannot use it outside the home. This is because of the fragility of the deepvision eyeglasses provided. Going with a rucksack, for example, forces me to leave the kasina behind. Are there some compatible eyeglasses that your company makes, perhaps for a similiar product, which are made out of a tougher material than plastic such as aluminium?

Lastly, I hear horror-stories online about lithium etc. batteries not lasting beyond a certain point of being constantly (re)charged. Is it easy to get some expert to replace the old battery with a new one, or does one have to throw away the kasina device once the old battery is no longer viable?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Couple more questions re kasina

I would simply find a hardshell case for the Ganzframes. The regular Ganzframes are the size of sunglasses so any sunglass case should work. The DV Ganzframes might need something a little larger.
    I was thinking something like this.

The batteries used in the Kasina should last many years. If there's ever a problem, MindPlace can repair them.

If you want the maximum lifespan for any lithium-ion battery, charge them as often as possible. Even if you only use the Kasina for a few minutes, put it back on charge when you're done. If the battery only discharges a little and is then recharged, that will ensure the maximum lifespan. The shortest lifespan will be when you completely discharge the battery and then recharge it over and over. And also if you charge it when the battery is warm. Heat lowers the lifespan of the battery as well.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information