Thread: are procyon parameters midi compatible/controllable/assignable?

Default are procyon parameters midi compatible/controllable/assignable?

are procyon parameters midi compatible/controllable and assignable?
    i am curious about setting a midi controller up to become familiar with enough to use with eyes closed and/or to align midi streams with a basic audio synthesizer to affect the parameters below in sync with audio/visual fx with a tactile controller.
    controls for envelopes,pitch/colour),amplitude/brightness,lfo's/modulation.

anyone know if this is doable?if so, is it as simple as midi cc (or sysex/nrpn) into the usb port and someone has a list of parameter numbers?could you start a program and mess with it via midi and it will continue as normal once you stop tweaking midi?

2. i both have a revision 2 and 3 procyon. my rev 2. glasses cable is broken and im only getting red and green. id like to either
    a:hack the glasses cable to trrs to connect to my revision 3 and use a trrs splitter to have two glasses going at once ,but then id need a new pair of rev.2 glasses for the unit(can i run an old pair of ganzframes with a new pair of superbright frames at the same time?)
    b:upgrade my revision 2 to 3 and repair the cable/change it to trrs (is the firmware upgardeable...i know an electronic engineer who could replace the cable end and port if that would work)

Any help/ideas or advice on where i could find out is greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: are procyon parameters midi compatible/controllable/assignable?

Quote Originally Posted by onenone View Post
    are procyon parameters midi compatible/controllable and assignable?
    i am curious about setting a midi controller up to become familiar with enough to use with eyes closed and/or to align midi streams with a basic audio synthesizer to affect the parameters below in sync with audio/visual fx with a tactile controller.
    controls for envelopes,pitch/colour),amplitude/brightness,lfo's/modulation.

anyone know if this is doable?if so, is it as simple as midi cc (or sysex/nrpn) into the usb port and someone has a list of parameter numbers?could you start a program and mess with it via midi and it will continue as normal once you stop tweaking midi?
    Not easily with the Procyon. It's not real-time controllable in any simple way. Using MWS you could create an AudioStrobe session that can be controlled via MIDI. Here's a video Scott (Neuroasis) made about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40AD2KzI4g
    Unfortunately, I don't think he made the follow-up tutorial, and now he's disappeared, so other than knowing that it "can be done", getting instructions on how exactly to do it will be hard.
    Real-Time control of the Kasina may be possible in the future.

2. i both have a revision 2 and 3 procyon. my rev 2. glasses cable is broken and im only getting red and green. id like to either
    a:hack the glasses cable to trrs to connect to my revision 3 and use a trrs splitter to have two glasses going at once ,but then id need a new pair of rev.2 glasses for the unit(can i run an old pair of ganzframes with a new pair of superbright frames at the same time?)
    b:upgrade my revision 2 to 3 and repair the cable/change it to trrs (is the firmware upgardeable...i know an electronic engineer who could replace the cable end and port if that would work)

Any help/ideas or advice on where i could find out is greatly appreciated.
    I would recommend abandoning your Rev2 Procyon. If you contact MP (orders@mindplace.com) you can get a discounted price on upgrading your Rev2 to a Rev3.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information