Thread: SpectraStrobe on Soundcloud

1. Default SpectraStrobe on Soundcloud

Is there anything special that needs to be done to use the files like "Quick Brain Brightening" on https://soundcloud.com/mindplace with the Kasina? I have tried streaming them as USB audio and Aux, but they are not being recognized as SpectraStrobe.

Sorry to ask so many questions!

Blog Entries

Default Re: SpectraStrobe on Soundcloud

No problem at all! That's what the forums are for.

I would check with Joe on that session, as he was the author.
    Generally, I would just make sure your computer output is set to USB with the Kasina set to USB and playing the downloaded session. (You'll be able to tell when you plug your headphones into the Kasina and can hear the downloaded audio track through them)

Might need a level adjustment in the Kasina - under Settings/Audio or press the volume (+) and (-) at the same time to bring up the mixer, and try increasing the USB volume...

I would first test with a normal session that you copy from the Kasina Micro-SD card to your computer and then play it via USB from the computer to the Kasina with the Kasina in USB mode to see if that works. If it works, then something is up with Joe's track and you should let him know.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: SpectraStrobe on Soundcloud

That particular track wasn't available for download, it looks like that was the issue i.e. the SpectraStrobe encoding doesn't work when streaming from SoundCloud. The link from the forum worked though. Thanks again!

Default Re: SpectraStrobe on Soundcloud

Hi - thanks for letting us know that it wasn't available for download from Soundcloud. I let Mindplace know, and it's now fully downloadable, both from https://soundcloud.com/mindplace or (as you discovered) from the forum here.

For anyone else using the Mindplace Soundcloud tracks, once they're downloaded, the Spectrastrobe encoding will work fine, and the tracks have all been thoroughly tested - it's just that Soundcloud streaming is at a lower bitrate, which cuts out the Spectrastrobe element of the track.

All the best,

Joe
    Joseph Kao DHypPsych(UK)
    Try my free hypnosis mp3s and videos at
    www.exploringtrance.com

Thread Information