Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

1. Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I understand. It's concerning to me as well.

The best solution currently, if you want to use TC products until they put out a fix, is to install a VM, like VMWare Workstation or VirtualBox on your PC and install an older version of Win10 on there. (You should be able to activate it with your current Win10 activation code). That is what I have done and it will run the TC software properly.
    I would also turn off automatic updates.
    https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-r...ly-update.html
    Hi Andy.
    Well, it appears that MWS is on its way towards permanent extinction; It's sad because it is a very good piece of Software.
    Andy, Could you Direct me to a good link about VMWare Workstation or VirtualBox and how they work in conjunction with Windows 10 and MWS. I must admit, I know just enough about OS's to crash them.
    My first attempt will be to attempt to go back to Windows 10 1709 version first, however if the virtual box method is a more viable alternative to going back to 1709, I'm open for suggestions and links..

Also who out there, that you are aware of, is a decent and more "Stable" alternative to Mind Workstation software...?
    I'm presently in the long arduous process of organizing my information for backup so as to attempt to get my MWS back on line again, so I am open to any suggestion and links..

One more thing; Has the MWS owners considered placing their company and their software FOR SALE to anyone else who has the stamina and resources to maintain the updates for the MWS..?

Thank you very much for your time, and assistance;

Fellow Brain change student.
    Renovartia

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mind Workstation and Neuro-Programmer 3 are No Longer Functional

Well, installing VMWare Workstation Player is pretty easy, and IIRC, it just uses a wizard to walk you through the OS install of Windows. VMWare "Player" is still a very professional piece of software, and best of all, it's free. VirtualBox is also free, but not as easy to install and use.

You will need a DVD or ISO of Windows 10/8/7/XP or whatever you want to install as your secondary OS, with an activation code.
    If you only have the original OS of your computer (i.e. Windows 10) then download the ISO for Windows 10 and use the activation code on the sticker on your computer when asked.

There's plenty of tutorials out there. Some are for version 12 but I'm sure 14 is the same or even easier.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G18b9Ck69A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKcpZHWLiYE
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Mon 25 Jun 2018, 7:12 am

I just saw this thread by accident looking for something else. For the record, I have the same problem. Win 10 returns this message when trying to launch NP3

"Please set registry key
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the >NET Framework install location"

I am not tech savvy enough to muck around very much in the registry, but I can't find anything like this key in there. There is a lot of info on Microsoft site about .NET Framework issues (not specifically about NP3), but it is all gobbledygook or the suggestions don't relate to anything on my system.

Two weeks ago, opened two support tickets w/Transparent, but no response. It's a pity, the software was not cheap.

+1 on open sourcing the software.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rexall9000 View Post
    Mon 25 Jun 2018, 7:12 am

I just saw this thread by accident looking for something else. For the record, I have the same problem. Win 10 returns this message when trying to launch NP3

"Please set registry key
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the >NET Framework install location"

I am not tech savvy enough to muck around very much in the registry, but I can't find anything like this key in there. There is a lot of info on Microsoft site about .NET Framework issues (not specifically about NP3), but it is all gobbledygook or the suggestions don't relate to anything on my system.

Two weeks ago, opened two support tickets w/Transparent, but no response. It's a pity, the software was not cheap.
    Please see here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Fortunately for some of us, MWS still works just fine with Windows 7...

I got MWS working again on a Windows 7 x86 VM.
    The VM is a developer trial version and it's available here. Silly to have a specific VM for only one product, but hey, it works.

VirtualBox on Mac with a USB3 and audio host in the VM to work with Kasina directly in MWS. #happy #mwsforever

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LBO View Post
    I got MWS working again on a Windows 7 x86 VM.
    The VM is a developer trial version and it's available here. Silly to have a specific VM for only one product, but hey, it works.

VirtualBox on Mac with a USB3 and audio host in the VM to work with Kasina directly in MWS. #happy #mwsforever

Cool. VirtualBox is free for Windows and MacOS. VMWare Workstation is free for Windows. The catch is getting a legit older copy of Windows.
    -Andy.

I have Windows 7 professionel and I also can not start MWS anymore and it given me the error Not supported 16 bit version.(I did not change anything except the normal windows updates)Funny is that it is still working on my windows 10 newly updated (yesterday)Laptop.Where can I see the Net Version of My windows 10?

Blog Entries

I would try re-installing on Win 7. Somehow your install may have become corrupted. MWS is definitely not a 16-bit program.
    If you get the error again, take a screenshot and post the exact text.
    -Andy.

Thread Information