Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro Carvalho View Post
    Hi Joev did you give up on the idea of setting up kickstarter to recreate WMS? please don't set up a page
    Haven't given up on the idea entirely. My first priority is to get something up and running quickly as I make a living doing this stuff. That seems to be a DAW plugin which might not cost all that much. Once I have a back up plan in place, I can set my sights on bigger and better things.

Great I hope it works .
    Will be trying this tonight Thank You

There might be a problem with the size because the MWS Laptop is packed with other programs but we'll see.Maybe there's an option to choose only MWS tranfer to the Virtual Machine

4. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Hi Thalassa,

I'd suggest making a virtual machine including everything as it is now on your physical laptop. After it's done, you can start the VM and remove all the unnecessary programs and just leave MWS before sharing it.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you require further assistance...

Hi Matrod
    I need a little help.
    I have created the .VHDX file which is 115 Gb in size.How do I boot from it so I can change the size to the MWS Program only?
    OOps I found out I've created the wrong file will do again and try to make it smaller tomorrow.
    Time to get some sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by matrod View Post
    Hi Thalassa,

I'd suggest making a virtual machine including everything as it is now on your physical laptop. After it's done, you can start the VM and remove all the unnecessary programs and just leave MWS before sharing it.

Last edited by Thalassa; 11-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I get the following error in the oracle box when trying to mount:
    Fr die virtuelle Maschine MWS konnte keine neue Sitzung erffnet werden.
    Failed to open image 'L:\PC-MOBIL MWS.VHD' for writing due to wrong permissions (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).
    AHCI: Failed to attach drive to Port0 (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).
    Fehlercode: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
    Komponente: ConsoleWrap
    Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Hi Thalassa,

Hi Thalassa,

If you follow this guide, you will be able to convert your laptop into a Virtual Machine:

https://www.joe0.com/2017/09/27/how-...rtual-machine/

You will use only free or open source software, so no cost for you. This will generate a file you can share with other people for them to have a working copy of MWS.

Does anyone have a working copy of NP3 Ultimate Edition as well? You can follow exactly the same procedure explained in the link go to generate a working VM (Virtual Machine).

Please let us know if you need any help with the process and I'll be happy to assist.
    Well I finally managed to open the file in Oracle Box.How do I proceed to remove everything except MWS do I just uninstall in the OracleBox simulation will this remove it on the original file I want to share after?

Hi Matrod
    Finally I have now a Vhd file that is 37Gb . But I have no cloud account that is big enough to share it here. And I guess it's also to big to just share it here in the forum?
    Hi Thalassa,

If you follow this guide, you will be able to convert your laptop into a Virtual Machine:

https://www.joe0.com/2017/09/27/how-...rtual-machine/

You will use only free or open source software, so no cost for you. This will generate a file you can share with other people for them to have a working copy of MWS.

Does anyone have a working copy of NP3 Ultimate Edition as well? You can follow exactly the same procedure explained in the link go to generate a working VM (Virtual Machine).

Please let us know if you need any help with the process and I'll be happy to assist.

Blog Entries

It is too large a file for the forum or support site.
    Also, although the legality of sharing the MWS software is probably not an issue since the company no longer exists, there still could be issues for sharing copies of Windows, which I'm sure is not something MS would allow.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

10. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Hi Thalassa,

Good to know and sorry for the late reply. The idea is just to uninstall everything that is not MWS and leave just that on the virtual machine. You can even reduce the virtual hard disk size to a more manageable one using this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/312883/how...up-disk-space/

When the VM is ready, you can share it using a service like this: https://www.filemail.com/. You only need to select the "Send as link" option and the file will be available for download for 7 days.

Regarding the Windows license usage, as we are going to be using this just to make MWS work, I don't see any issues with Windows licensing, as long it is for personal use and we all have a legal Windows 10 license (they are backwards compatible as far as I know). Of course, if you have doubts about the legality of this, you are free not to share the file and just conserve the VM for backup purposes...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thread Information