Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

1. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

All my software purchased from Transparent Corp. : Neuro Programmer 3 ,Mind Workstation full versio, Mind stereo 1.3 ; all deceased , and my money finished in the garbage ...

Screenshot_2018-10-12 Transparent Corporation.png

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    Anyway, I feel there is a need for this type of software. The closest thing that comes to it is Sharm Studio http://thesharm.com/studio-overview but it does not support Audiostrobe or Spectrastrobe.

I have toyed with the idea of starting a crowdfunding program to develop a new Mind Workstation from the ground up. Mind Workstation was in need of a hefty upgrade anyway. Let's face it, MWS had its limitations in the new technological era, and was not very intuitive. If anybody else would be interested in such a venture, PM me.
    Hey Joe;

Welcome back!

I never used NP3 or MWS that much, but it seemed like fairly complex pieces of software, with support for a lot of different products. I have extensive experience with DAW software, which MWS reminded me of, actually.

My question is, what did MWS do that can't be done with DAW software? Instead of re-inventing the wheel, perhaps an AS and SS plug-in for DAW software is all that's needed? Kinda like what Scott (neuroasis) was trying (but didn't finish) with Audacity?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson74 View Post
    All my software purchased from Transparent Corp. : Neuro Programmer 3 ,Mind Workstation full versio, Mind stereo 1.3 ; all deceased , and my money finished in the garbage ...
    Why is your money "in the garbage"? If you had already bought and activated this software, why do you think it won't continue to work?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    I don't know if they would be open to selling the coding, and I don't know how much use it would be anyway. The coding of NP3 and Mind Workstation was a work in progress for many years with things being added on through multiple contractors and third-party vendors. The reason why they did not provide a Mac version is because to do so they would have to start from the ground up which they weren't willing to do. Let's face it the technology has advanced in leaps and bounds since 2007. I think a much better program can be developed if started from scratch.
    I agreed make the page campaign I will help

I believe with the experience of JoeV and the crowdfunding we can make a better software for all devices. I am very disappointed with transparent corp I love the software I was looking forward to see more updates so much more could be done

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hey Joe;

Welcome back!

I never used NP3 or MWS that much, but it seemed like fairly complex pieces of software, with support for a lot of different products. I have extensive experience with DAW software, which MWS reminded me of, actually.

My question is, what did MWS do that can't be done with DAW software? Instead of re-inventing the wheel, perhaps an AS and SS plug-in for DAW software is all that's needed? Kinda like what Scott (neuroasis) was trying (but didn't finish) with Audacity?
    Thanks Andy, good to be back.

That thought has crossed my mind. Im sure it can be done with Reaper. MWS was just that, a DAW with BWE capabilities. The advantage is you can pick and choose capabilities to fit your needs. My concern is that the learning curve would be too much. You would have to learn the DAW as well as the entrainment part. The problem that turned off many MWS users is that it was too complex and not very intuitive. It would be great to have a specialized program that is easy to use, and can be operated on multiple platforms.

7. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Why is your money "in the garbage"? If you had already bought and activated this software, why do you think it won't continue to work?
    Because all my software now no longer work on Windows 10 , and after trying to install my copies on Windows XP SP3 on a virtual machine , all my copies of programs regularly purchased. I have requested a new key. Who gives me a new key if TC has ceased its activities ????

Because all my software now no longer work on Windows 10 , and after trying to install my copies on Windows XP SP3 on a virtual machine , all my copies of programs regularly purchased. I have requested a new key. Who gives me a new key if TC has ceased its activities ????
    Lost my keys software doesn't any more. sent email asking to send me the files no one got back

9. Default Re: Neuro-Programmer and Mind Workstation

I spent a lot of money over the years with Transparent Corp and was always extremely happy with their products and their excellent support. So it was quite disappointing to surf to transparentcorp.com this morning to find this note on an image: "Thank you all for your support and interest in brain stimulation through music. Transparent has ended licensing and support of software and soundtracks."

I understand closing an old business when having success with a new one, but, with that said, I wish they would have at least emailed their old loyal customers with links to download all the final versions of the software that they paid for and licensed repeatedly over the years. In my case, I'm still running Windows 7 and when finally forced to move to Windows 10 I'll either have to keep an old computer with my version of MWS on it or say that's it for creating brainwave audio files.

I like brain.fm and appreciate the work the former transparent team is doing there, but I still personally prefer to create my own stuff.

Anyway, as Kurt Vonnegut Jr wrote in Slaughterhouse Five: "So it goes."

10. Default Re: Neuro-Programmer and Mind Workstation

"So it goes"? Well, that is not the way should go!

I too still have a working install of MWS, and NP3 as well, on Windows 7. But I have misplaced any records of my purchases long ago, so when I last saw the CDs, I threw them out. Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done since I might have been able, at that time, to contact Transparent and gotten replacement keys, if they kept records of purchases a decade old. BUT, even if I had the keys, a new install can no longer be activated due to Transparent's extremely irresponsible shutdown of everything, including the activation server, their 'forums' and their online help and instructional files.

So, I will pray that this Windows 7 machine does not crash, as most eventually do. Since rediscovering this old machine these products have done wonders for the neck pains and dizziness I have had in the mornings lately. In the meantime I have found that the install files for both MWS and NP3 can still be downloaded from numerous of places. And, under Linux, I can create a virtual Windows 7 machine, then clone it and reinstall the Transparent products every two weeks. So, I could run under the free trial period forever for the investment of less than fifteen minutes every two weeks. Might even be able to reset the date in that virtual machine daily so it isn't even necessary to reinstall it over and over. This should not be necessary though. Transparent should allow paid customers access to the keys they paid for, and either put up an activation server again, or create an activation utility that a paid customer could use offline to activate a reinstall. Any of this would require that they could be contacted of course, but they are making that nearly impossible as well.

Any argument that they would lose control of their software makes absolutely no sense since they have already completely abandoned it, as well as all their long time customers. If I were a retired lawyer, instead of a retired computer tech, I might consider legal action. But I am not. Anyone out here who is?

Gord Seifert

Thread Information