Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Default Re: Neuro-Programmer and Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
    "So it goes"? Well, that is not the way should go!

I too still have a working install of MWS, and NP3 as well, on Windows 7. But I have misplaced any records of my purchases long ago, so when I last saw the CDs, I

Gord Seifert
    I have been seeding emails to get my activation keys and so far nothing no response. I am so annoyed.

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

They have every right in the world to shut down, but what tee'd me off is that they said they were going to be up for another year, and then shut down before I could back up my activation codes.

3. Unhappy Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    They have every right in the world to shut down, but what tee'd me off is that they said they were going to be up for another year, and then shut down before I could back up my activation codes.
    I'm in the same boat - I didn't suspect for a second that the license list and activation codes would disappear. I haven't found the codes yet, but still could (50/50 at best).

I'm also shocked they wouldn't go to the effort to get the existing product to just recompile and run. I understand it isn't a requirement (keeping license codes available and the ability to reactive, I think has more implied commitment). Yes, it might be a pain, but once the root cause is understood, these are not big projects. I speak from experience regarding complex windows server software that has lived in production, and still does, since the mid 90s (out of my hands long, long, ago, though I've answered questions from time to time).

I paid, then upgraded to TCN when announced, and paid every year. Then, today, just a 'we're no longer here' message. I just think Adam and team could handle the legacy much better with a little effort.

So, it's sharm, some code I wrote, etc..... I think a couple dozen audacity plugins could probably handle much of the MWS workload. I already used audacity for quite a few steps and have external programs that inject effects MWS didn't provide. I'm sure there are other audio editing / engineering tools that also could be a good platform.

If a crowdfunding project emerges, this is what I suggest. Starting from scratch is a long road to even get where Sharm is.

Best,
    Dan

4. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Okay ANDY,

I followed your advice; Got the Virtual-ware___ Downloaded my Windows 7 sp1 into the Virtual machine___ just to discover that I could NOT register my Transparent Corp. software to reactive it... Anywhere...............
    Ive GOT all of my activation codes for my all of my Transparent software; and NOTHING..!

Well, its over; That's it.. My MindWork's Station Professional 1.6, Mindstereo 1.3, Though-Sounds 1, 2, and 3, all of my meticulously stored Transparent periphery software and plugins.... DEAD..

[ POST EDITED AT THE REQUEST OF ADMINISTRATOR ]

Remember when you told me to take the action I did in order to get this TRANSPARENT CORP software online, after I asked you if there was anything comparable other than MWS..?

The copyright is long gone away from the software anyway, so I really don't see why he doesn't just unlock it for the people who purchased it?

I THOUGHT I had TIME..

Damn Shame
    Reno
    Last edited by Renovartia; 11-03-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Andy told me to

5. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

It ani't right Bro.. I thought I had time too; then this dishonorable mess..

My panic has transformed into righteous indignation when I discovered there was no place to register my Software.. He needs to let MWS go if he's going to do people like that.. I hope that dude remember what KARMA is...

6. Default Re: Neuro-Programmer and Mind Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by chetday View Post
    I spent a lot of money over the years with Transparent Corp and was always extremely happy with their products and their excellent support. So it was quite disappointing to surf to transparentcorp.com this morning to find this note on an image: "Thank you all for your support and interest in brain stimulation through music. Transparent has ended licensing and support of software and soundtracks."

I understand closing an old business when having success with a new one, but, with that said, I wish they would have at least emailed their old loyal customers with links to download all the final versions of the software that they paid for and licensed repeatedly over the years. In my case, I'm still running Windows 7 and when finally forced to move to Windows 10 I'll either have to keep an old computer with my version of MWS on it or say that's it for creating brainwave audio files.

I like brain.fm and appreciate the work the former transparent team is doing there, but I still personally prefer to create my own stuff.

Anyway, as Kurt Vonnegut Jr wrote in Slaughterhouse Five: "So it goes."
    YEAH..! What so difficult about making an attempt at a little courtesy...???

7. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

I don't know if they would be open to selling the coding, and I don't know how much use it would be anyway. The coding of NP3 and Mind Workstation was a work in progress for many years with things being added on through multiple contractors and third-party vendors. The reason why they did not provide a Mac version is because to do so they would have to start from the ground up which they weren't willing to do. Let's face it the technology has advanced in leaps and bounds since 2007. I think a much better program can be developed if started from scratch.
    JoeV,

How did we all get off the IDEA of using VMWARE or VIRTUAL-BOX to get Transparent Corp. Mind Workstation Software working on that platform anyway...?!!

Come on bro, don't give up so easy.. I went through the HEADACHE of learning how to install and operate Virtual Machine Software; you could at least unlock that software for those who paid for it to get it working again to operate it on a Virtual machine..

Come on bro.. Don't roll over like this man....

8. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Has anyone here attempted to Delete the Transparent Corp Software from their hard drives YET..? It wont even Delete...?! This is serious dereliction of duty by the human beings at that company..

We will never forget what type of business man this Adam Hewett of Transparent Corp is..

9. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

JoeV, unfortunately your activation codes may not apply more if installing your programs on another computer or operating system because I recently changed computer and operating system from Win 7 to win 10 and the previous codes were not working , fortunately in that period the assistance of TC was still working . Now after that MWS ,neuro programmer 3, and mind stereo ; no longer work on win 10 , I tried the activation on a virtual machine but the latest attivation key not working
    Last edited by Nelson74; 10-31-2018 at 10:10 AM.

10. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

I ask myself this: we who have purchased software from TC we have no right??? If I buy a book ,after reading the put in a shelf of My Library to read it a second time ,even if the writer in the meantime died. Instead now that TC has closed every activity and support , I find myself with software that (i paid) ; and that now is practically unusable , because none , will provide more us , new activation keys

Thread Information