Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hello Friends: I am sorry for my bad English. I am from Spain.
    I would like to ask you about the softwares of Transparent Corporation.
    I bought three softwares and now they dont work.
    Can I do anything from Spain?
    I have send many messages to their e-mail address and they dont answer me.
    Please, help me. These softwares are very expensive and very good.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Luis
    Spain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    Please, help me. These softwares are very expensive and very good.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Luis
    Hey Luis;

You can go through this thread above to get information regarding this problem.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Well if anyone has a Cloudspace that is big enough I will provide my MindworkStation Vhd file that is 47Gb to be opened in Oracle-Box.I tried it on my Windows 10 Laptop and it was working.And if someone would have the time and patience to make the file smaller with this guide
    ( https://www.howtogeek.com/312883/how...up-disk-space/ ) that would be great.
    Still have this, we could probably find something for this for those that want it.

5. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Hello All,

I played with Thalassa's VHD (using Oracle-Box; I'm not sure if it would be compatible with Microsoft Hyper-V). It worked, but wasn't in English, and wouldn't switch to a language I speak (English), so I couldn't get very far. That said, the installed MindWorkstation did work. If someone uses it, I think just the file browser and MWS might be ok. It was impractical to try and reduce the file size for me given that I couldn't navigate settings or files very well....

Separately, I found I had an old laptop -fortunately stored - that still had MWS with an early version of Windows 10. I disabled its networking and took all the steps to prevent a Windows 10 update of any kind. It still works!! If you have such a system, physically disconnect the network before starting, as recent OS's are very assertive about upgrades.

I recently went through the process to make a virtual drive out of that system so I'd have something that could survive a hardware failure. I didn't want to just postpone the inevitable.

I followed the instructions here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...-disk2vhd.html

with a few notes, but not much, from here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...0-a.html#Part2

and used Disk2VHD, a sysinternals utility by a Microsoft subsidiary, to make a virtual drive copy suitable for Microsoft's Hyper-V. So far, it works. Mine is much larger than Thalassa's, at over 200GB, as it has a huge library of created files in various production stages as well as voice/music/etc used in the process.

Although I can't really share this VM, I did want to let people know it works and doesn't break the key management and force you to re-license...

Sorry if this repeats anything from the earlier 300 pages.

Best,
    Dan

6. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Hello All,

Seems like the activation server is online, I was able to register NP3 on the Virtual Box.

Cheers,
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Yadabado View Post
    Hello All,

Seems like the activation server is online, I was able to register NP3 on the Virtual Box.

Cheers,
    Rich
    By activating through the software? Did you have an activation code?

8. Default NP3 oops

A few years ago I bought NP3 used it well. Now had to change computers so installed it.
    WHen tyring to open the program I get a dialog box asking to set registry key
    HKLM\Softwar\Microsoft\.NETFramework\Installroot to point to the .NET Framework install location
    But that doesn't exist!
    AND as some of you folks know (was new to me yikes) Transparent corp is now not only transparent but is invisible.
    It seems the Empires Death Star hit them.
    HELP! please

TIA Obi-Wan

Blog Entries

Where have you been, Obi-Wan?

This entire thread is dedicated to the issue you're having.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Where have you been, Obi-Wan?

This entire thread is dedicated to the issue you're having.
    Welll I've been up to my ears in alligators for several & hadn't tried to use NP3 for a while. Now discovered this mess.

So is it still possible somehow to get this extinct beast (NP3) rescucitated & functioning?
    I saw only links to MWS

Thread Information