Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

I reinstalled it and it say Have to translate it for you because it is in German:
    The errorwindow is called :"Not supported 16-Bit application
    Then it says in the window:The Program MindWorkStation.exe can due to incompability with 64 Bit version of Windows not be started.Go to the Softwaredistributor to find out if a 64bit version is available.I also get this just after newe installation:Application has encountered an error (0x800700D8)Please contact the puplisher of this application
    Last edited by Thalassa; 08-22-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Very strange indeed!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

KAY, Andy.

I have a dumb Question for you.

Do I reinstall the MWS on the Virtual Windows? Does the MWS automatically work THROUGH the Virtual machine?
    Once the virtual Machine is successfully installed, whats the next "STEP BY STEP" process to get it operantional..

I am determined to get my ALL of my (expensive) 10 year old TRANSPARENT (defunct) software running again..

one more thing...! What are the other software alternatives to MWS, if (or when) it become completely incompatible with all OS's..?

I am bracing myself for the worst with Transparent software. If I can "ABORT it" for another replacement, I will; but with whom?

I have a Kasina, Is there another platform you recommend that is as flexible, and that works with another "dependable" software platform..?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renovartia View Post
    Do I reinstall the MWS on the Virtual Windows? Does the MWS automatically work THROUGH the Virtual machine?
    Yes.
    It's like having another computer "inside" your computer. Think of it as it's own computer, sharing the hardware.

Once the virtual Machine is successfully installed, whats the next "STEP BY STEP" process to get it operantional..
    Well, I don't know about "step by step", but just install it the same way as you would on your "normal" computer. Download the file, run the install, activate it, I guess? I really don't remember.

one more thing...! What are the other software alternatives to MWS, if (or when) it become completely incompatible with all OS's..?
    If your talking about SpectraStrobe content, there's MuLab. If you're talking about AudioStrobe content, there's several products out there that can create AudioStrobe sessions. However, I'm sure someone will come up with something if TC doesn't get it back working again... MWS will ALWAYS work with Win 7, and VMs are free, so until computers no longer run Windows operating systems, I think you'll be fine.

I have a Kasina, Is there another platform you recommend that is as flexible, and that works with another "dependable" software platform..?
    There's nothing like the Kasina.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I am so disappointed with transparent corp they should sell it to someone that actually care about the software mind place would be a very good place so much more work could be done in that software and all they care about is brain fm sad sad

6. Default Re: The Death of transparentcorp and MWS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

If your talking about SpectraStrobe content, there's MuLab. If you're talking about AudioStrobe content, there's several products out there that can create AudioStrobe sessions. However, I'm sure someone will come up with something if TC doesn't get it back working again... MWS will ALWAYS work with Win 7, and VMs are free, so until computers no longer run Windows operating systems, I think you'll be fine.
    Hey Andy - Transparent Corp has shut down their entire site even though they said licenses would remain active. All emails gone too. I finally got a copy of win 7 installed in HyperV and started to install MWS --- but, now that the website isn't up, I can't activate the software …..

Any workarounds you can think of to bypass?

Blog Entries

I think what they were saying is that existing activations would still work. I don't know of any workaround to activate a new copy. Or are you trying to activate a previously-activated copy that you paid for?
    -Andy.

Hi all, this is Joe Verona, formerly brewmasher. Sorry for the long absence as of late. Life has certainly taken me for a spin the past couple years!

It certainly is a shame on Transparent to shut down or site after saying that they would at least continue to support the products for another year. it is also a slap in the face for those who have invested in their TCN program and rely on their software to make a living. This really throws a monkey in the wrench for myself for I procrastinated (as usual) to copy my activation codes as I thought that I had a year to do so. It was an out and out lie to tell us that they would support the products for year, and then shut it down a month later. SHAME SHAME SHAME!

I am still currently using their software on Windows 10. The .net error did not occur until the latest build upgrade. If you have recently got an automatic update and your Transparent software will not open, you can go to Settings> Recovery and in More Recovery Options there will be a link to restore to a previous build. If it does not give you that option, you still may be able to roll back by resetting Windows, and then rolling back to a previous build. More info on how to do this can be found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-f03cec62338b. The good news is that if you have an activated copy already installed you will not have to reinstall and reactivate.

Anyway, I feel there is a need for this type of software. The closest thing that comes to it is Sharm Studio http://thesharm.com/studio-overview but it does not support Audiostrobe or Spectrastrobe.

I have toyed with the idea of starting a crowdfunding program to develop a new Mind Workstation from the ground up. Mind Workstation was in need of a hefty upgrade anyway. Let's face it, MWS had its limitations in the new technological era, and was not very intuitive. If anybody else would be interested in such a venture, PM me.

yes I am interested there is any way they can sell the existed MWS code and we improve it ? would you have to start from nothing would be a big job. how ever I would contribute to the crown founding. and big shame on transparent corp shame on than so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro Carvalho View Post
    yes I am interested there is any way they can sell the existed MWS code and we improve it ? would you have to start from nothing would be a big job. how ever I would contribute to the crown founding. and big shame on transparent corp shame on than so bad
    I don't know if they would be open to selling the coding, and I don't know how much use it would be anyway. The coding of NP3 and Mind Workstation was a work in progress for many years with things being added on through multiple contractors and third-party vendors. The reason why they did not provide a Mac version is because to do so they would have to start from the ground up which they weren't willing to do. Let's face it the technology has advanced in leaps and bounds since 2007. I think a much better program can be developed if started from scratch.

Thread Information