Thread: Splitters for glasses and Understanding Color Sets/Modes

1. Cool Splitters for glasses and Understanding Color Sets/Modes

Hi all!

I received my Kasina a few weeks ago as a lovely Christmas present. It is amazing and I am so excited to explore all of its facets. Overall I am a newbie to "mind technology", but have been practicing meditation and exploration with entheogenics for a long time. I believe this is an incredible tool that can expedite evolution and bridge many facets of spiritual practice. Good work team. :-)

I have already spent hours playing with the Kasina, reading all sorts of articles, watching Youtube tutorials, and studying the vast possibilities. I am sure so much will come with experience using Kasina. There are a few things I could use some clarification on...

Can anyone recommend a splitter for use with deep vision and regular Ganzframes on the Kasina? My partner and I would like to be able to do sessions together. We purchased a splitter that was recommended on this forum a while back but when we use it, the deep vision glasses have moments where they basically just go blank in the middle of the track. We were working with a Spectrstobe session. In these moments I checked out my partner, and his glasses were still flashing. In other moments, both of our glasses were flashing, but they were different colors. Is it possible that half of the light information is sent to one pair of glasses, and the other half sent to the other?

Using the SpectraStrobe sessions is more or less straight forward...push the button and go. What I am confused by is when the color sets come in with Audiostrobe, KBS, and Color Organ...especially in the sirius sessions. When you choose a program in one of these folders... then wouldn't the light program you choose strongly effect the result of the program?... i.e... you choose a "tranquility induction" program in sirius ....but due to lack of experience by a newbie like me...haha... your color set choice contradicts the effects of the tranquility. I am sure that over time one would understand the effects more precisely, but in the beginning how would one choose? Simple intuition or is there a science to it? Should I even be choosing in the first place, or should the track be pre-programmed to correspond with a color set? It just seems like whatever color set it was last programmed too comes up in the next choice automatically.

I know that the program type info (SpectraStrobe, AudioStrobe, KBS, Color Organ) is covered in the getting started guide... but is there anyplace it is simply explained but a little more in depth? Simply explained...ie... explained in a way that you do not need any programing experience or encoding knowledge to understand it. Or is there a place where the history of the technology is explained... ie.. first there was this program, it was used in this way and did this...then it evolved into this and could now do this...etc.

Thanks so much for all the work and shared experiences!!!
    Kristie

Blog Entries

Default Re: Splitters for glasses and Understanding Color Sets/Modes

Welcome, Kristie!

Happy to hear that you're enjoying your new toy and are as excited as we are about it!

I always recommend that those just starting out and interested in learning more about the technology do a little reading. It will really help you get the most out of your device. After that, things will become a lot clearer.
    Here's some links to get you started:
    http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/sh...-best-from-AVS is a great starting point.
    Have a look at the AVS Articles here: http://mindplacesupport.com/articles/

Don't forget that the Kasina was created to try and please everyone. It had many modes and choices because not everyone likes the same thing! We've made it as flexible as possible, but with that can be confusion as you've experienced. It's not really possible to recommend a certain colorset as everyone likes different things. I recommend baby steps. The SS sessions are going to be your best bet. The other types of sessions are more there if you get bored with the SS sessions and want to try other things, and also for backward-compatibility with older formats like AudioStrobe. KBS is tones-only, emulating the vintage machines like the Proteus and Procyon. Color organ is just for fun.

As far as splitters go, I'm not completely certain if the Kasina has sufficient power to drive both the DV and regular Ganzframes at the same time. I know it can do 2 regular frames, but the DV draw more power I believe. Then again, it could just be a faulty cable you have. What happens when you wiggle the cable? Do the lights cut in and out?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Splitters for glasses and Understanding Color Sets/Modes

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the warm welcome, great response, and suggestions for further reading. I have been browsing those articles and page and loving it all! My curious mind loves to understand and create..but as you said...baby steps... I am sure much experience and understanding will come with time.

As for the splitter and powering both sets of glasses, it seems that I did have a faulty cable. I swapped my splitters and voila... both glasses work! The lights are slightly dimmer of course... but they are synchronized and have sufficient power. Now we can have dual sessions!!

Thank you!!
    Kristie

Blog Entries

Default Re: Splitters for glasses and Understanding Color Sets/Modes

Excellent!

Enjoy!!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information