Thread: Session creation - basic questions

1. Question Session creation - basic questions

Waiting for my Kasina :-)

1. If I have a clear (simple) idea of what I want to do, how complicated exactly would it be to accomplish? Example:

1-10 minutes: red visuals
    10-20: yellow visuals
    30-40: orange visuals

Is there an editor that would let me do this in an any easy way? I.e a "choose color" button in the editor?From what I can gather the process of seeing the colors of the rainbow one by one seems complicated.

Is there a guide for this, i.e "put value X in box Y to give the illusion of color Z"? Whatever information I find is decentralized (blogs, specific forum posts out of hundreds, youtube...) - bits and pieces here and there.

Would I need a particular third-party software or would the KBS be enough?

2. If I find a specific part of a factory session that I want to duplicate, what programs or modes would I use? I found a post about this, but the user gave up due to not being able to use the various plug-ins needed etc - a process I would rather skip.

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Default Re: Session creation - basic questions

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy the Kasina.

Have a look at the Kasina Editor videos. They show a lot about how to use the editor and it's features.

Kasina Basic Editor (Browser)
    Kasina Basic Editor (Wizard)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Session creation - basic questions

EDIT: removed some noobish conclusions :-)

It seems designing very specific sessions is an art in itself, and that Mind Workstation is my best bet.
    I found these videos by Neuroasis:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLL...2k&mode=NORMAL

Nice.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 11-15-2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Found answers

Blog Entries

MWS would be the best software for the serious session-writer. Note that Transparent Corp (the creators of MWS) seems to be completely focused on their brain.fm program now, and may not offer support for their other TC software. It looks like it is still for sale on theirs site though.

With the latest firmware (v2.00) shipping now with the Kasinas, there is now control over the individual colors as well as the color-mapping previously available. To edit these new KBS v2 sessions, you would use a different editor, written by the brilliant Craig Tice, who unfortunately, is no longer with us. He completed the editor before creating a user manual, but that would be another alternative for creating KBS sessions with specific colors. It is a Windows-only editor.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Session creation - basic questions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    With the latest firmware (v2.00) shipping now with the Kasinas, there is now control over the individual colors as well as the color-mapping previously available. To edit these new KBS v2 sessions, you would use a different editor, written by the brilliant Craig Tice, who unfortunately, is no longer with us. He completed the editor before creating a user manual, but that would be another alternative for creating KBS sessions with specific colors. It is a Windows-only editor.
    Wow, thanks for the info ��

I'm sorry to hear about Craig - he seemed like a brilliant contributer.

Is this editor avalaible for download at http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/ ?
    It seems I can't find the 2.0.
    EDIT: To clarify: what's the name of Craig Tice's editor and where can I find it?

I'm not sure if it's already on my machine since I haven't gotten it in the mail yet and it might have older FW. (maybe I should wait before asking questions, I'm just so hyped).
    Last edited by Diocletian; 11-17-2017 at 04:20 AM. Reason: clarification of a question

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    Wow, thanks for the info ��

I'm sorry to hear about Craig - he seemed like a brilliant contributer.

Is this editor avalaible for download at http://mindplacesupport.com/kasina/ ?
    It seems I can't find the 2.0.
    EDIT: To clarify: what's the name of Craig Tice's editor and where can I find it?

I'm not sure if it's already on my machine since I haven't gotten it in the mail yet and it might have older FW. (maybe I should wait before asking questions, I'm just so hyped).

Glad you're excited. The Editor works, but the documentation isn't finished. I have attached it here for you to look at. It will take some fiddling and experimenting to get the hang of it, but it does work.
    Your Kasina should have firmware 2.00 already installed, but I will be adding it to the files at the support site. The editor will also be put there once some documentation is done, or at least a youtube tutorial.
    Last edited by Andy; 11-23-2017 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Removed Buggy Editor
    -Andy.

7. Default Re: Session creation - basic questions

Thanks - a lot!
    I look forward to experiment with this. Ah, I see the colors can be picked manually by clicking on a palette! This is exactly what I was looking for - and a first step before exploring the daunting MWS. This is great news.

Blog Entries

I have removed the editor attachment from my previous post. In testing the editor, we have discovered a number of bugs, so if you already downloaded it, please don't use it. It will be uploaded to the support site once the bugs have been squashed and announced here.
    -Andy.

Thread Information