Thread: Difference between Kasina and other mind machines

1. Default Difference between Kasina and other mind machines

Hello,

I've been reading the forums and there are so many interesting discussions here, I think it's great!

I've tried the PandoraStar at a local spa here for the first time. I had closed eye hallucinations (kaleidoscope of colors) and went into a pretty deep state of trance/meditation while remaining awake/aware due to the engaging visuals, so I was pretty impressed with the potential that it has as a tool to enhance a meditation practice.

I discovered the Kasina shortly after, as it seems to be a MUCH more affordable light/mind machine option for personal use.

I'm on the verge of purchasing a Kasina to try it out, but I'm trying to understand what the main differences are between the Kasina and its MUCH more expensive competitors (PandoraStar, Lucia Light, Ajna Light). I understand that the PS, for example, uses only "white light" while the Kasina has multiple colors. Or, it seems that the LEDs from the PS are brighter/more powerful. What is the significance of these differences?

Thanks in advance for helping me better understand.

Default Re: Difference between Kasina and other mind machines

Hello, Scienceofempty--

Thanks for dropping by our Forums! I haven't tried the PandoraStar or Ajna Light, though I have had a session with the $20k+ Lucia No. 3, which also used white light only, but I would say that, in addition to being far more expensive than the Kasina, they all are capable of significantly brighter light emissions than the Kasina. Kasina was intended as a personal use system, while the others are intended to be used in, well, spas and festivals, where people would pay to have each session.

If you find the Kasina not bright enough (with 6 LEDs per eye), then we also offer the MELS system, which can be driven by both Kasina and Procyon, and emits 2,500 lumens of RGB light. From my experience, this is as intense as the Lucia No. 3 was, with a total cost around 4% of that system (though lacking the Lucia's rolling rack mounting system).

Kasina DeepVision glasses also offer a sort of 'middle way', as colors and patterns are brighter with your eyes open. Also, those high end systems produce light only, while the Kasina integrates ambient electronics and entrainment tracks into the overall experience.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Robert

3. Default Re: Difference between Kasina and other mind machines

Hello, Robert

It does help make things much clearer to me as I continue to explore and learn about this AVS technology. Thank you for the reply!

It seems that the Kasina is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, and I'm excited to start experimenting with it. It's also great to know that you offer the MELS system, should anyone be curious about that, at an accessible price. Thanks for making this all available, and I look forward to participating in the forums more often while discovering the potential of the Kasina for myself.

4. Default Re: Difference between Kasina and other mind machines

How many lumens of RGB light do the Kasina glasses emit? I'm guessing this is all safe for the eyes?

Default Re: Difference between Kasina and other mind machines

Yes, we do use safe levels of light, though the small LEDs used in the standard eyes-closed glasses would be irritating if viewed for very long with your eyes open, and you'd have after images for some seconds after stimulation stopped. We do have a competitor who used to claim that LEDs were lasers and therefore dangerous, but standard LEDs do not emit coherent light and so that was an erroneous claim.

-Robert

Thread Information