Thread: new sessions for procyon?

Question new sessions for procyon?

Hi
    I was just curious, is Mindplace going to release some new sessions as for example Photosonix does for support of Inner Pulse? http://www.photosonix.com/download_sessions.htm#

I would for example appreciate more meditating sessions for Procyon... Mindplace is talking a lot about space for 250 sessions but there are no sessions to download!!! Why? Is that just a trap for customers???
    Maybe 10 percent of customers will probably be experts enought to create their own sessions... I just would like to know why we just cant get them to download...

Blog Entries

Default Re: new sessions for procyon?

Hi Airmt,

Quote Originally Posted by air mt View Post
    Hi
    I was just curious, is Mindplace going to release some new sessions as for example Photosonix does for support of Inner Pulse?
    No, the extra space was intended for users to create their own programs.

I would for example appreciate more meditating sessions for Procyon... Mindplace is talking a lot about space for 250 sessions but there are no sessions to download!!!
    One of the forum members converted the Proteus sessions to Procyon format and another converted some of the programs I wrote. http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957

Why?
    So that others in the L&S community could share their creations with others such as yourself.

Is that just a trap for customers???
    LOL You're kidding right?

In our advertising we state what our machines **can** do and no where do we say that "we" will be the ones making more programs other than what comes with the machine.

Maybe 10 percent of customers will probably be experts enought to create their own sessions... I just would like to know why we just cant get them to download...
    The beauty of our machines is that you can create your own programs quite easily, which really is a good feature. The tutorial on how to create your own program is quite comprehensive and if you get stuck, you have help here on the forum. Also, you could take any of the programs already created for the Procyon and modify them.

In meditation programs, you are targeting a small group of frequencies (Alpha/Theta - mostly Theta) and there is only so much that you can do. However, maybe you could take us beyond the imaginations of the programmer at Mindplace and create something really cool.

Hopefully in time, more users (such as yourself) will create more programs and share them with others on this forum.

M.
    Last edited by Andy; 02-17-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Fix link

Wink Re: new sessions for procyon?

Hi Airmt,

No, the extra space was intended for users to create their own programs.
    Ok, as I said before, only small part of people will ever try to do that, because don't have enough knowledge or are afraid of the software. But uploading the machine like MP3 player with new sessions when you get used to the current ones would be benefitial to a bit more users I believe.:

One of the forum members converted the Proteus sessions to Procyon format and another converted some of the programs I wrote. http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=957
    Thank you for the tip. But another question come into my mind then - Why doesn't Procyon already content the sessions of the previous model (Proteus) if some of them were so good? Or why other users have to convert them? Sorry for that annoying tone but I would expect some level of post-buy customer care like it seems Photosonix does...
    I just think that the "250 sessions capacity" sounds very nice and many resellers emphasize it as well as a big advantage for this machine. I can see now it is more a marketing trick. I mean in a way it is being emphasized a lot but there is little chance that you will ever use it... At least from my point of view it is a trick to make me buy that because I can put there so many moooore sessions... As I said already, many people will never attempt to do their own programs (because they are afraid of the program, don't feel to have enough knowledge about it or simply don't have time to spent playing around with it) and if they will, maybe they try to do a few of them... so capacity for 10 or 20 would be plenty for them... I believe you understand what am I trying to say.

So that others in the L&S community could share their creations with others such as yourself.
    Sorry but why don't you supply some of them? If I ever get time and joy to go and play around for a few days with this software trying to understand it and create something valuable, surely I will share it with the others

LOL You're kidding right?

In our advertising we state what our machines **can** do and no where do we say that "we" will be the ones making more programs other than what comes with the machine.
    Well sorry that I am so annoying but I am not really kidding... I didn't mean that you were promoting you will provide new sessions to download... but quite naturally you made probably everyone (or nearly at least majority of people) expect that you ARE GOING TO PROVIDE these available for future downloads and that the person doesn't need to use some tech expert looking software to do that himself...

The beauty of our machines is that you can create your own programs quite easily, which really is a good feature. The tutorial on how to create your own program is quite comprehensive and if you get stuck, you have help here on the forum. Also, you could take any of the programs already created for the Procyon and modify them. Yes, Ok, I agree there is a good support if anyone has a problem with the machine, you get support - advice. I appreciate this And I also appreciate I CAN create my own sessions (just not sure if I ever use this chance because I am not experienced enough)

In meditation programs, you are targeting a small group of frequencies (Alpha/Theta - mostly Theta) and there is only so much that you can do. However, maybe you could take us beyond the imaginations of the programmer at Mindplace and create something really cool.
    Yes before I was kind of interested in spending time playing with electronics but no I don't really have time to do that. I am glad if I find some time to use Procyon
    Otherwise I mentioned I am mostly interested in more meditation and relaxation programs but I was also interested in some special sessions (especially learning and also some experimental programs) that I found available only on other machines (such as Inner Pulse). Also many resellers or more experienced users told me that Procyon doesn't have as good relaxation and meditation programs as some other machines (Zen Master, Inner Pulse). That was what I meant. And I decided for Procyon ALSO for the capability to improve these programs easily in future and download maybe some better ones in the future... Because if Photosonix does that why not the BIGGEST producer of AVS technology wouldn't do that?

Hopefully in time, more users (such as yourself) will create more programs and share them with others on this forum.
    Hopefully. Hopefully the others will do that... It is surely great that we can share it but why ONLY they and why Mindplace doesn't do it as Photosonix does? That was the entire meaning of my thread... I didn't open this thread because I like being annoying but also for your feedback, when you are thinking what can you improve next time in the customer service... because some of your competitors do that...
    Maybe I should have expressed it in a bit different way but I am not native English speaker, so sorry for my a bit flat language
    Thank you for your answers. I believe you understood what I mean. If not, don't worry there is no need to answer anymore to that. I got my answers Thanks, Michal
    Last edited by Andy; 02-17-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Default Re: new sessions for procyon?

Airmt -

I've been using AVS machines for more years than I care to admit . . .

I find that changing up the music I'm using during my sessions goes a long
    way to mixing it up for me.

This may not be a total solution for you yet it's worth considering!

All my best,
    Suz

Thread Information