Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

1. Default Thoughtstream and Proteus?

1. I need to find a complete instruction on how to load the Proteus Thoughtstream Sessions onto the Proteus.
    A. This includes how to connect a Proteus to a computer. I do not see any connections on the device that will allow me to connect to a computer.Yes, I have seen referances to a USB-A connector but I do not see how I am suppose to hook such a device up to the Proteus as I do not see any connector on the device. Is this something that can only be done with an older model? If the device must be disassembled to be connected I would need instructions for this as well.
    B. I need to complete the process of loading the Proteus Thoughtstream sessions onto the Proteus. What software do I need? What is the complete instructions?

2. What is the complete instructions for using those sessions with the Thoughtstream?

A. What kind of connector must I buy to connect the two devices together?
    B. Once the two devices are connected what is the step by step procedure for using them together?
    I am currently waiting on my thoughtstream to arrive.

3. I am an owner of Proteus, Procyon, Kasina and multiple ganzframes including open eye.
    I am disappointed that many support documents on the support page seem to be missing.
    I constantly get the " oopsThe page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn't provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page.
    Last edited by aethyria; 08-05-2017 at 06:24 AM.

2. Default Re: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

Questions while reading the following manual "TS controlled proteus quickstart.pdf"

First questions while reading "Using the included 3.5mm audio patch cable included with your Proteus," - this is from setting up manual.
    If I do not have this cable, can you describe what kind of cable I need so I can purchase one?

"Select one of the Uxx sessions (assuming that you have not overwritten that bank with other sessions; if you have, you will need to transfer them back into the Uxx bank)."

Assume I overwritten those...How do I reload them? What cables do I need, what software do I need etc...

It has been many years since I last used the Proteus? I have not touched my Procyon since since the Kasina was released and I have not touched my Proteus since the release of the Procyon etc...Highly possible my sessions were overwritten. However, I have no idea how I pulled that feat off.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

Quote Originally Posted by aethyria View Post
    1. I need to find a complete instruction on how to load the Proteus Thoughtstream Sessions onto the Proteus.
    A. This includes how to connect a Proteus to a computer. I do not see any connections on the device that will allow me to connect to a computer.Yes, I have seen referances to a USB-A connector but I do not see how I am suppose to hook such a device up to the Proteus as I do not see any connector on the device. Is this something that can only be done with an older model? If the device must be disassembled to be connected I would need instructions for this as well.
    Ok, loading sessions on to the Proteus (ThoughtStream-enabled or any sessions, it's all the same)...

1. You'll need a windows PC or a Mac that's running Windows via VMWare, Parallels, Bootcamp or whatever.
    2. You'll need a USB connection to the Proteus. If you purchased the Proteus in the past few years, they come with a USB cable (USB on one end, 3.5mm on the other). If you have the older Proteus that has an RS-232 connector (black cable with 9-pin connector on one end, 3.5mm on the other), you'll need a USB to RS-232 cable. There is information on those as a sticky in the Proteus Forum.
    3. You'll need to download the USB driver and Proteus Editor. They can both be found on the Proteus Support page.
    4. You'll need to download and read the Proteus Editor User's guide, again on the Proteus Support page.
    5. Get used to using the Proteus Editor, make sure it's speaking to the Proteus and that's all working. I can walk you through that if you need help there.

B. I need to complete the process of loading the Proteus Thoughtstream sessions onto the Proteus. What software do I need? What is the complete instructions?
    Instructions are in the Proteus Editor Users's guide, but if you have questions after going through that, I'll be happy to help.

2. What is the complete instructions for using those sessions with the Thoughtstream?
    That should be in the document called "ThoughtStream Controlled Proteus Sessions Quickstart", again on the Proteus or ThoughStream support page.

A. What kind of connector must I buy to connect the two devices together?
    You use the 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, included with both the Proteus and ThoughtStream packages.

B. Once the two devices are connected what is the step by step procedure for using them together?
    I am currently waiting on my thoughtstream to arrive.
    Should be in the document called "ThoughtStream Controlled Proteus Sessions Quickstart".

3. I am an owner of Proteus, Procyon, Kasina and multiple ganzframes including open eye.
    I am disappointed that many support documents on the support page seem to be missing.
    I constantly get the " oopsThe page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn't provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page.
    Very sorry about that - we re-did the support site recently and some links have changed. I've been updating links as I find them, but I know there are many more to go. If you know of any specific ones, please let me know and I will update them.

Questions while reading the following manual "TS controlled proteus quickstart.pdf"

First questions while reading "Using the included 3.5mm audio patch cable included with your Proteus," - this is from setting up manual.
    If I do not have this cable, can you describe what kind of cable I need so I can purchase one?
    It's included with all MindPlace products (Kasina, Procyon, Proteus and ThoughtStream). It's just a black cable with a 3.5mm TRS cable on each end (same connector used for headphones).

"Select one of the Uxx sessions (assuming that you have not overwritten that bank with other sessions; if you have, you will need to transfer them back into the Uxx bank)."

Assume I overwritten those...How do I reload them? What cables do I need, what software do I need etc...
    It has been many years since I last used the Proteus? I have not touched my Procyon since since the Kasina was released and I have not touched my Proteus since the release of the Procyon etc...Highly possible my sessions were overwritten. However, I have no idea how I pulled that feat off.
    You cannot overwrite them unless you actively did so with the Proteus Editor. Since you haven't used the editor (it seems) you cannot have overwritten them and they should still be there.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

small.jpg

AH - HA....
    I had this vague and I mean vague recollection of some strange obscure and occult electrical connector that I used with the device about 7 years ago. I searched the garage and behold the obscure strange connector. I am now sure I did indeed overwrite those programs.

I just downloaded the editor program and I downloaded the zip file of Proteus Thoughtstream sessions...

Does that thing plug into the Aux port? I will begin reading your answers and see if I can work it out.

Thank You!

5. Default Re: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

Man this all just too confusing

Blog Entries

Man this all just too confusing
    Defintely only for the serious enthusiast.
    Let me know where/if you get stuck and I'll try to help.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Does that thing plug into the Aux port?
    Yes. Please read the Proteus Editor manual before going any further.
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

All I want to do is re-load the Proteus Thought form sessions into the user session area.

I downloaded the program.
    I downloaded the Driver for the occult usb connector.
    I downloaded the ts sessions zip file and I unzipped them into a folder
    I put the Proteus into the digital mode with the blinking lights.
    I then put it into "DL" mode
    then plugged it up and the screen on it went to "255"
    I opened the program went to utilities session mode opened the files I wanted to load I then clicked send to utility area and the program had an icon of blue uploading for a brief second ...I assumed it was done. However, it does not appear to have put the sessions onto the device.

It really should not be this complex. Can I just ship the damn device to mindplace and get it re-loaded? I have already wasted half a damn day on this. What do you want 20 dollars? No problem, Where the hell do I ship it.
    Last edited by aethyria; 08-05-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Sure, no problem.

Click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom and we can take care of this for you. As I mentioned, these sort of advanced procedures are not for everyone. Another reason we built the Kasina. It's miles away easier to operate and use. Don't forget that the Proteus came out in about 1996 so it's a 21 year old device that hasn't changed much at all since it was designed. Still works great for simple stuff, but has been long since replaced and superceded by the Kasina.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: Thoughtstream and Proteus?

Yes, I own a Kasina as well. It is an Amazing device (other than the fact that the selector knob inside mine has never worked correctly) I love the device.

However, currently the Proteus is the only device you sell that will work with the thoughtstream therefore I would like to utilize that function.
    I own the Proteus, Procyon, Kasina and most of the optional glasses. I wish you guys would put out a package of sessions designed specifically for the open eye glasses.
    In fact, to go further I think Mindplace should sell session packages. Once a year you should come out with new sessions that customers can buy and load to their devices.
    Not only Audio-strobes but spectra strobes, etc...
    I am aware of the soundcloud downloads but last time I was there attempting to get new sessions the ones I wanted were not downloadable not sure why.
    I love the Kasina if you would put out new packs each year for it I think you would make a lot of money. Most people like my self do not want to read 30 manuals just to use these devices.

Thread Information