Thread: Cheapo noise cancelling headphones

Post Cheapo noise cancelling headphones

No secret that the headphones that come with the procyon aren't the greatest; also no secret that fom comments seen here the bose noise cancelling headphones are great but $300 expensive.

No way I can spend $300 at the moment, but did put out $40 for some kensington noise cancelling headphones. Here are the results:

the good:

+ great fidelity, really good; hear nuances not heard with the standard procyon headphones
    + very sensitive - do not have to turn the volume up as high as with the standard procyon headphones

the bad:

- not bose and don't get a WOW type of review regarding the noise cancelling
    - seem to work OK with loud repetitive noise like frogs croaking or a fan running in background
    - a slight whooshing sound can at times be detected; doesn't bother me though
    - results for random noise like people talking range from doing virtually nothing to muffling the sound

All in all for $40 they work well enought for my needs.

GG

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cheapo noise cancelling headphones

You can also always use any of the popular "in-the-ear" style headphones too, which range from $10 - $100...

3. Default Re: Cheapo noise cancelling headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    No secret that the headphones that come with the procyon aren't the greatest; also no secret that fom comments seen here the bose noise cancelling headphones are great but $300 expensive. ... ...
    GG
    Bose and other noise cancelling headphones are rather over-the-top for the purposes of light+sound machines!

And beware - some folks (me included) can feel nauseous when using the Bose and similar. Some high pitched noise in there plays havoc with my balance, and I was forced to return phones to Bose for refund. Quite a hassle and loss of $$$ involved as I had bought over the Net.

For Procyon/Proteus/other would second Andy's suggestion for in-ear type noise isolation 'phones. I bought the Shure earbuds for flying purposes (aeroplanes not S+L!) and they are superb. Will use sometime with my Procyon and Proteus, but for now my Sony earphones are more than Ok.

Also, have read some folks complain about struggling to fit everything into the Mindplace supplied case. Well, of course, if you use earbuds/phones you have loads of room. Then buy a cheap $2-3 glasses case to take good care of your Ganzframes. See photo attached for sizing of everything you need. Apologies for fuzzy photo. Been using my new Procyon too much.
    Last edited by RichardHK; 07-31-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Richard, Hong Kong
    richardhk dot com
    ------------------------

Thread Information