Thread: newbie journal part 3

Smile newbie journal part 3

First, sorry for delay; my computer died - finally got new one and most data recovered.

In general I am no longer impressed - settled into a mode were I know that certain sessions simply work for me and have a positive effect - period. Primarily spend time with the tranq sessions and work on keeping my mind focused, either with mantras of visualizations; usually use 30 min or less sessions and can often maintain focus for over 20 minutes - quite pleased with results.

Now address Marisa's and Andy's helpful comments. First regarding headphones, see my post on cheapo noise cancelling headphones I found.

Now regarding Marisa's comments. Regarding which sessions I use that really impressed me. I didn't mention the actual sessions because there are quite a few combos that work for me - though effects are felt sometimes sooner; sometimes later. As said use a short 15/20 min meditation session followed by one of the short 15 min perf sessions - usually select them by pure intuition. I tend to avoid sessions over 30 min - at the moment feel I get great results with shorter ones.

Based on Marisa's comments my method now is:

1. decide on outcome
    2. use positive intention

And at the moment happy with progress and results. Re: question about martial arts, practiced karate for about 2 years; aikido for about 1 year long time ago and then work took over life. Now back to fun stuff and about one year of aikido/aikijujutsu - only people at dojo that work on internal aspects are myself and my sensei.

This is my last daily type of post - I thank Marisa for her help and advice; as far a newbies are concerned, in my case I knew pretty much right away that this was useful and helpful and at about 2 weeks was able to look back and say, yeah made progress. So back to work; the AVS machine is a wonderful tool but it's one's commitment and perserverance that will make the difference.

Gintaras

Blog Entries

Default Re: newbie journal part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    In general I am no longer impressed - settled into a mode were I know that certain sessions simply work for me and have a positive effect - period.

Gintaras
    When you say that you are "no longer impressed" - what do you mean? The rest of your message is positive and supports the thought that you are still in favor of the product ... so I'm not sure what you meant.

Thumbs up Re: newbie journal part 3

Marisa,

Please accept my apology - I thought it was clear; I AM STILL IMPRESSED; was making a point that it just plain works. Kinda like driving a top notch race car - first time you are impressed; after that you just know it's gonna win the race for you. Guess the word is confidence. So now I have confidence in the procyon - like I said - wonderful, wonderful, tool.

BTW bose purchase on hold cause that money is budgeted for the presage system. Dare I ask when ?

Again, sorry for misunderstanding.

Blog Entries

Default Re: newbie journal part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    Marisa,

Please accept my apology - I thought it was clear; I AM STILL IMPRESSED; was making a point that it just plain works.
    I'm glad to hear that. I appreciate you taking the time to explain what you meant.

BTW bose purchase on hold cause that money is budgeted for the presage system. Dare I ask when ?
    I'm sorry, I have no idea. Not even the inkling of a clue.

M.

Thread Information