Thread: Goggles Dim and Not Working with Phone Jack

Default Goggles Dim and Not Working with Phone Jack

Seems the forum is a bit of a ghost town but I'll try anyway...

I just ordered some audiostrobe tracks, waiting for payment to clear before receiving them. In the meantime I found some free ones here so downloaded them http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...Your-Enjoyment

2 issues:

1. Using my PC I can hear the music and it does influence the goggles, but barely. They are really pretty dim. I've tried putting them on max brightness but there's not much happening. Using the built-in session sounds the lights are much brighter, so the goggles do work.

If I turn the volume on the PC down to 0 the lights get brighter - but I can't hear anything!

If I play the music from the supplied sample CD the lights are also plenty bright - but not from the downloaded tracks? Perhaps because they are samples, lemme try creating a Soundhound account and downloading a full version..

OK, that issue may be solved, as "mind flutter", when downloaded as a sample does nothing but the full version downloaded does seem to affect the goggles much more. OK, that's good. Second issue..

2. When I put the 'patch' cable from my phone's headphone socket to the Proteus nothing seems to be happening?

It works OK when piugged into my PC's headphone socket, so exactly the same setup, same music, same file, but does nothing from my phone?

Phone is a Samsung S7 (E).

I've never been too impressed with the sound quality of the Samsung but it has no trouble working my big studio-size earphones, so why can Proteus not detect anything?

Again, for clarity, everything works if I plug the cord from the Proteus into my PCs earphone socket.

If I play the same file on my phone it works as an audio track without earphones, it works as an audio track with earphones, but if I plug it into Proteus, and then plug my earphones into Proteus to hear it, it does nothing?

Again let me try using a full version... Weird, it's working now.. Mmm.

Well I seem to have solved all the problems by download the full file, rather than just downloading the audio, but I'll post this anyway if only to help anyone else encountering the same thing.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Goggles Dim and Not Working with Phone Jack

Hello and Welcome!

Typically the issue will be volume level - the audio level going to the Proteus should be set to be as loud as possible for the decoder to do it's thing.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Cheers for the welcome

I've only had one session so far, the "mind sauna", though I think I was too self-aware and curious to relax into it.

I know entrainment does work, as I've used various binaural beats and isochronic tones, so have high hopes for the Proteus. Is there any data anywhere on what levels the various sessions are, such as alpha or theta etc?

My ultimate aim is to create deep level relaxation complete with pleasant music and some hypnotic suggestions. Any pointers in that direction would be most appreciated

B.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs View Post
    Is there any data anywhere on what levels the various sessions are, such as alpha or theta etc?
    Of course! Here and Here.

My ultimate aim is to create deep level relaxation complete with pleasant music and some hypnotic suggestions. Any pointers in that direction would be most appreciated
    If creating your own content is what you crave, then you should definitely invest in some software from Transparent Corp. Save 30% or so (if you're in the USA) by buying from Ayrmetes in Canadian Dollars!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Cheers

Not in the USA, I'm on the island of Borneo...

I've tried repeatedly to get any of Transparent's software to run on my PC. It never seems to work for some reason, though it does on my laptop. I spent a lot of money on that laptop but almost never use it, so didn't bother getting the software. I may do so for the Proteus and possibly something more advanced later, but for now I'm missing the USB cable (already wrote to your company about it).

Blog Entries

That's surprising that you were having trouble with TC's software. They are usually very good with technical support. You weren't trying to run it on a Mac, were you? (It's windows-only software...)

If you have any trouble getting the cable, please click the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page and I will help expedite the process.
    -Andy.

Not Mac, Windows 7 Home Premium. Double-clicking the .exe just causes it to flicker and nothing happens. Possibly some component missing or something.

Since Microsoft turned into MicroSpyWareRus I've turned off all updates and installed 'Never10', so it is what it is and isn't going to change. I'm old fashioned like that.

I have had contact regarding the cable, will write back today

Thread Information