Thread: Session Editor: How do I make an mp3?

Default Session Editor: How do I make an mp3?

I've successfully used the editor to generate sessions with the wizard and get the .kbs file on the device, and working. I can also go to the Audio Tab of the Editor, import an mp3 file, and generate a session so it's the same length as the mp3 file.

The obvious question -- How do I get the mp3 file to play along with the session generated by the wizard -- ie -- I want the wizard to generate what's necessary to control binaural beats / strobe, and my mp3 to just play over it.

For example,
    Suppose I have an mp3 recorded for hypnosis or an appropriate track for meditation. How do I mix the two and have the wizard control the Kasina?

Most of the factory files on the device are mp3, so I'm guessing this must be feasible somehow.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Session Editor: How do I make an mp3?

At the moment, you would play the .kbs file on the Kasina and the .mp3 on an external player (iPod or other MP3 player) and feed the signal from that player to the Kasina via the AUX input using the included audio patch cable.

MP3 sessions like the ones included with the Kasina can be created using software from Transparent Corp. (Neuro-Programmer 3 or Mind Workstation)
    The factory sessions include control signals that are either SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe encoded. TC software can create both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    At the moment, you would play the .kbs file on the Kasina and the .mp3 on an external player (iPod or other MP3 player) and feed the signal from that player to the Kasina via the AUX input using the included audio patch cable.

MP3 sessions like the ones included with the Kasina can be created using software from Transparent Corp. (Neuro-Programmer 3 or Mind Workstation)
    The factory sessions include control signals that are either SpectraStrobe or AudioStrobe encoded. TC software can create both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    After racking my brain out for several hours yesterday, I figured that out. It HAS to be an mp3. I'm producing commercial content, so Audacity & MULabs look like the only options for SpectraStrobe + my own custom mp3. I like Mind Workstation A Lot. Makes things much easier, only problem is it's taking support an eternity to answer my message, calls, and support ticket. According to their FAQ, you must have a TCN License to distribute commercial content. Would be happy to buy it, but you can no longer add it to the cart.

It would be really cool if the Kasina editor allowed additional tracks and mp3 output.

Blog Entries

If you get MWS, you shouldn't need Audacity or MULabs. MWS can do it all.

We are hoping to add the ability play MP3s and KBS files together within the Kasina in a future update. (No timeline on when that might happen - sorry)

I hope TC gets back to you soon, they make excellent software.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information