Thread: Pandora Star Sessions

1. Default Pandora Star Sessions

Hello Everyone! I've been an avid user of the Procyon for a few years now and have enjoyed the standard programs as well as my own sessions. I recently discovered other AVS systems like Lucia No. 3 and Pandora Star which I found very intriguing. I've done a few sessions on Pandora Star in California while on a work trip and really enjoyed them! After researching the strobe configuration of the device, I found that many of the programs could be ported over to the Procyon with minimal changes in most cases. The Pandora has 4 sets of strobe LEDs that can be tied to 4 frequencies. Just one more than the Procyon. Anyway, there is a Pandora Star User Community page on Facebook which is public and has tons of session files as well as the editor for the system. I've created Procyon sessions for most of the main sessions that are described on that Facebook page. These work great with closed eye glasses and even better with deep vision. BTW, if anyone knows of any other AVS communities I'd love to hear about them. Always good to cross pollinate among different types of AVS. Enjoy!

BTW2, these were created by going line by line from the Pandora editor to the Procyon so these should be pretty accurate frequency wise.

LaVar Davis
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Pandora Star Sessions

Very cool, thanks for posting these, LaVar! We're aware of the Pandora Star, but have not yet used it... though I have had a demo session on the Lucia No. 3, and found it impressive. On the other hand, these devices are quite expensive... BTW should you ever acquire a Kasina, each color channel on both sides is independently programmable, so six different frequencies at one time.

Keep up the good work!

Robert

3. Default Re: Pandora Star Sessions

Thank you!

Hi.Can you please tell me how I download sessions into the internal memory of the procyon
    I have the editor but I cant seem to get anything to transfer into DL1 I believe its called as the manual say its for loading extra sessions. Im lost'

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to try the Pandora sessions'

Thanking you

George

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Hi.Can you please tell me how I download sessions into the internal memory of the procyon
    I have the editor but I cant seem to get anything to transfer into DL1 I believe its called as the manual say its for loading extra sessions. Im lost'

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to try the Pandora sessions'

Thanking you

George
    Hi George;

Have you been following the instructions in the Procyon EDITOR manual?
    It has more instructions than the Procyon Manual that comes with the Procyon.
    http://mindplacesupport.com/procyon/

Also, make sure that the Editor is communicating properly with the Procyon.

In the Procyon Editor, select the "Serial Communications" menu item.
    Select "Set COM Port"
    Select either the COM port that was created (if you saw) or the highest available (non-red) COM port if you didn't catch what number it was when the driver installed.
    Select the "Serial Communications" menu item again.
    Select "Open COM Port"

If things are working correctly, you should see the red light in the top left corner change from red to green.

If you run into any difficulties, there is a walk-through video here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

6. Default Re: Pandora Star Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Davis View Post
    Hello Everyone! I've been an avid user of the Procyon for a few years now and have enjoyed the standard programs as well as my own sessions. I recently discovered other AVS systems like Lucia No. 3 and Pandora Star which I found very intriguing. I've done a few sessions on Pandora Star in California while on a work trip and really enjoyed them! After researching the strobe configuration of the device, I found that many of the programs could be ported over to the Procyon with minimal changes in most cases. The Pandora has 4 sets of strobe LEDs that can be tied to 4 frequencies. Just one more than the Procyon. Anyway, there is a Pandora Star User Community page on Facebook which is public and has tons of session files as well as the editor for the system. I've created Procyon sessions for most of the main sessions that are described on that Facebook page. These work great with closed eye glasses and even better with deep vision. BTW, if anyone knows of any other AVS communities I'd love to hear about them. Always good to cross pollinate among different types of AVS. Enjoy!

BTW2, these were created by going line by line from the Pandora editor to the Procyon so these should be pretty accurate frequency wise.

LaVar Davis
    Hi, thanks for this and for all work done, I'm owning Kasina version, do you think you can convert your Pandora Sessions for it? (that's would be really great)

7. Default Re: Pandora Star Sessions

i have convert it to kasina ...put notice the effects are much more on the procyon whats bad -because im in love with my Kasina. I have to change some thinks but its not easy to get in a daw software and spectrastrobe. There is the procyon much easyer . But i try Bigwig in the moment with own tools in Phyton and java

8. Default Re: Pandora Star Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
    i have convert it to kasina ...put notice the effects are much more on the procyon whats bad -because im in love with my Kasina. I have to change some thinks but its not easy to get in a daw software and spectrastrobe. There is the procyon much easyer . But i try Bigwig in the moment with own tools in Phyton and java
    Hi, it seems that I didn't receive your notification about your reply !
    This is nice, can you share your session ?
    Big thanks

Hi. like Sebastii saying ... can you share please the Kasina version? thanks!

Thread Information