Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio mixing questions

Blog Entries

Default Re: Audio mixing questions

Quote Originally Posted by gteague View Post
    aha! it was this post of yours andy i was thinking about when speaking of a wav header in my other thread. so does this post only apply to synchromuse cd's and not the audio and turbo cd's? to restate the question here, there should be no problem with ripping audio and turbo cds to mp3 as long as an adequate bitrate is attained, right? no header to worry about in these formats?

thanks,

/guy
    This post is regarding the synchromuse format only.
    I don't know about "Turbo" format and I don't know if anyone has done any testing or if it even works with the Procyon. AudioStrobe, however, is the one that people have been able to compress to MP3 format and still have work, but it seems to depend on the bitrate and other factors. Not just any compression will work, as people have found.

Default Re: Audio mixing questions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    This post is regarding the synchromuse format only.
    I don't know about "Turbo" format and I don't know if anyone has done any testing or if it even works with the Procyon. AudioStrobe, however, is the one that people have been able to compress to MP3 format and still have work, but it seems to depend on the bitrate and other factors. Not just any compression will work, as people have found.
    thanks! i knew i'd seen that caveat about the header file and wav format somewhere and i'm so new i didn't realize it only applied to the synchromuse format.

by turbo i meant the turbosonix disks that came bundled with my procyon. i would guess that if i get the audiostrobe to work, the turbosonix conversions will work also. i will test this weekend and let you know the results.

thanks. i'm digging into the editor this evening to see if i can actually upload some of the sessions i've found on the forum.

/guy
    we place no reliance / on virgin or pigeon / our method is science / our aim is religion ~'uncle al' crowley

Thread Information