Thread: Kasina/Sirius questions

1. Default Kasina/Sirius questions

Hi,

I have had an excellent experience with the regeneration track from the Sirius folder in my Kasina device. Unfortunately, the Sirius sessions description list does not mention which brainwave frequencies their track go through, not even roughly. Any rough info on the relevant frequencies for each particular track appreciated!

The regeneration track was way more effective at keeping me alert than even the relax version of brain.fm fame or any relaxing track from neuroprogrammer 3 or mindworkstation. (Given that I had acute anxiety for decades in previous times, sessions devoted to focusing often, though not always, soon, by contrast, tire me out, whereas the relaxation tracks usually lead me to focusing and concentrating much harder than before). Anyway, I read on the transparentcorps forums a claim that it was (reportedly) usually more effective on the brain if one used either only visual brainwave technology or only audio brainwave technology at any one time. What do you think? It is just that I think that the extra white glaring light during my regeneration track session may have been the key to my becoming so refreshed, rather than the music, so much. I am also considering listening to the kasina sounds in the background while reading online articles on my PC etc., rather than the usual neuroprogrammer 3 tracks I normally use.

Lastly, are any of you producers considering the manufacture of something like the MindSpa device? That is, a brainwave entrainment device which allows one to continue reading etc., while still having eyes exposed to flashing lights on the side or whatever.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina/Sirius questions

Quote Originally Posted by CromCruach View Post
    Any rough info on the relevant frequencies for each particular track appreciated!
    They're all listed in the Legacy section of the support site (since the Sirius is no longer a current product).

Lastly, are any of you producers considering the manufacture of something like the MindSpa device? That is, a brainwave entrainment device which allows one to continue reading etc., while still having eyes exposed to flashing lights on the side or whatever.
    Thanks!
    Here are some thoughts about that...
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Kasina/Sirius questions

Interesting bit about those look-thru glasses that would allow you to work while still getting the entrainment frequencies.

Does anyone know of any piece of research though that points to the effectiveness of this procedure? I got one of those DAVID look-thru glasses as I was really interested in this (so nice to combine activities, very Millennial ;-) --- it just doesn't seem to work.

I actually went back to one of the sessions I used for the glasses the other day - and decided to lie down, close my eyes and just try to immerse into the session. For the first time ever, I actually felt an effect of that session!

That made me think of a sensory stimulation fact back from my days at the Psycholog Department: If you have a cat and a metronome ticking, you can actually see the spikes in the cat EEG of the regular ticking. Enter a mouse into the scenario - and the spikes disappear. The cat's attention is so focused on the rodent that the neural system actually blocks out other sensory stimuli - hence no reaction/entrainment.

So my own subjective experience and the metronome cat seem to suggest that relaxed focus on the actual entrainment is critical for success. As such, the look-thru glasses are a nice concept, but might not work above and beyond your typical placebo effect (which is rather fundamental, so why not go for it).

As always, my knowledge on this is fragmentary to say the least, so more than happy to be proven wrong if someone has a nice beefy piece of research on this.

4. Default Re: Kasina/Sirius questions

Thanks for the advice, NS. I have since come across some bad reviews of the MindSpa eyes-open device and have found much better results with eyes closed as regards audio BWE like NP3 and MWS. I still get some results from a few tracks like the SMR, schumann response, improved cognition, and recovery from addiction tracks from Neuroprogrammer 3(NP3), even with eyes open so I intend to listen to those in the background while I do other things like reading online articles etc.

Thread Information