Thread: Pre-Purchase Questions

Default Pre-Purchase Questions

Hello,

I'm strongly considering buying a Procyon, and had a few questions.

1) In reading through the forums, it appeared that there have been some issues with firmware updates. It looks like the main issue was people connecting the Procyon too soon in the process.

Do units that are shipping now have either the most recent firmware or updated documentation to avoid the error?

2) It looks like there are a couple exciting products coming soon that will work in conjunction with the Procyon. Most exciting to me is the unit that, if I udnerstand correctly, will have EEG functionality.

Can you please confirm that the intent is for the Procyon to work with the upcoming EEG device?

Has a release date--or even a rough date range for release--been announced?

Have any broad goals or functionality for the product been announced?

Thanks in advance for providing answers. I have to say that a big plus for me is the existance of this discussion board and the very supportive assistance that the company provides to its customers. That's very attractive.

Best,

Tyler

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pre-Purchase Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Hello,

I'm strongly considering buying a Procyon, and had a few questions.

1) In reading through the forums, it appeared that there have been some issues with firmware updates. It looks like the main issue was people connecting the Procyon too soon in the process.

Do units that are shipping now have either the most recent firmware or updated documentation to avoid the error?
    All units being shipped now have the latest OS, so there's no need for the user to go through the process.
    We hope by the next time there's an update we can streamline the process to avoid the difficulties some people experienced. Of course the people that didn't experience any difficulty are not likely to write about it on the forum!

2) It looks like there are a couple exciting products coming soon that will work in conjunction with the Procyon. Most exciting to me is the unit that, if I understand correctly, will have EEG functionality.

Can you please confirm that the intent is for the Procyon to work with the upcoming EEG device?
    I will try and find out.

Has a release date--or even a rough date range for release--been announced?

Have any broad goals or functionality for the product been announced?
    Not as yet.

Thanks in advance for providing answers. I have to say that a big plus for me is the existence of this discussion board and the very supportive assistance that the company provides to its customers. That's very attractive.

Best,

Tyler
    Thank you for your kind words!
    We're trying hard to make sure that our customers are satisfied, and the S&L community being such a small niche it's difficult sometimes for people to get the information they need. Hopefully we can offer some assistance our customers and those people.

-Andy.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pre-Purchase Questions

The EEG products that MP is working on are not designed to connect to the Procyon or Proteus.

Thread Information