Thread: One last question

1. Default One last question

I am going to try out my Kasina some time this week to see how long it lasts with a neverending looping of one session and use of the deepvision googles before it runs out of juice. I can see that the battery-charge-indicator is not really accurate as an indicator, in fact very poor. I will be checking every hour or so to see how the Kasina progresses. What I would like to know at what rough battery voltage the Kasina refuses to function further before needing to be recharged? Presumably not 0.00 V? And 4.18V is the highest the Kasina can get to, right?

Blog Entries

Default Re: One last question

You should get 6-10 hours, depending on how high you have set the brightness and whether you have the screen display on or off.

Contact us if you find you are getting less than this on a new Kasina after a full charge.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: One last question

Oh, I had no idea that the brightness was such a big deal as regards draining the battery. One other thing:- If I reduce the brightness of the deepvision goggles would it make a huge difference to the effect on my brain if I just reduce their brightness to the point where I can see the light through closed eyelids just about but don't have the usual spectacular glare? or is maximum brightness of the deepvision goggles key to maximum effect on the brain?

At any rate, given that I had formerly set the brightness to the max in all cases, it is no wonder it drained the battery so quickly. I will alter the brightness settings and that should extend the duration I can use the Kasina for. it would be very useful on days-long mountain-hikes.

Blog Entries

Default Re: One last question

You'll have to decide for yourself what brightness level is preferable and weigh it against the battery life.

I'll be interested to hear what sort of times you are able to achieve. I tested the Kasina with the standard Ganzframes and got over 10 hours.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information