Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kasina issues

1. Default Kasina issues

Hi,

My Kasina works fine, technically, but I am puzzled about certain things:-

1) I used to, at first, be able to transfer 2 sessions from neuroprogrammer 3 and mindworkstation to the Kasina via the USB, but am, strangely, unable to do so any more. I am able to create a kasina drive and update firmware, though. I followed all the instructions but am still told that the Kasina is not plugged to a USB port, when it actually is(to a usb 3.0 port). Any help appreciated. Could I just convert np3/mws sessions and transfer them to the relevant files in the Kasina folder/ drive on my PC? if so, what audio formats are np3/mws sessions and what formats are kasina sessions? Thanks!

2) I have had 2 occasions where the Kasina ran out of juice and I then had to plug it into a wall-socket for at least 36/48 hours before I could get the Kasina working again. Normally, with gadgets like mobile-phones, as soon as one connects a drained mobile-phone to an electricity-outlet, it starts working immediately. Not with the Kasina. I even had one incident where I had the Kasina constantly plugged into a wall-socket while doing a few sessions and it suddenly cut off due to the battery being low. I'm hoping that now that I have mastered the business of updating the firmware that this will become less of a problem!

Other than that, I wanted to say that the deep rejuvenation sessions has had more effect on me than any np3/mws or brain.fm sessions. Amazing! I will continue to experiment with the other sessions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina issues

Hello and Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by CromCruach View Post
    Hi,
    1) I used to, at first, be able to transfer 2 sessions from neuroprogrammer 3 and mindworkstation to the Kasina via the USB, but am, strangely, unable to do so any more. I am able to create a kasina drive and update firmware, though. I followed all the instructions but am still told that the Kasina is not plugged to a USB port, when it actually is(to a usb 3.0 port). Any help appreciated. Could I just convert np3/mws sessions and transfer them to the relevant files in the Kasina folder/ drive on my PC? if so, what audio formats are np3/mws sessions and what formats are kasina sessions? Thanks!
    Make sure you have selected "USB" on the Kasina. The Kasina does not show up as an external drive until you have selected USB on the menu. Of course you can also remove the micro-SD card and using the included micro-SD to SD adapter, insert that card into an SD slot on your computer and it will show up as an external drive.
    The Kasina only plays .WAV and .mp3 file formats from np3/mws.

2) I have had 2 occasions where the Kasina ran out of juice and I then had to plug it into a wall-socket for at least 36/48 hours before I could get the Kasina working again. Normally, with gadgets like mobile-phones, as soon as one connects a drained mobile-phone to an electricity-outlet, it starts working immediately. Not with the Kasina. I even had one incident where I had the Kasina constantly plugged into a wall-socket while doing a few sessions and it suddenly cut off due to the battery being low. I'm hoping that now that I have mastered the business of updating the firmware that this will become less of a problem!
    That's a little strange. You should get a good 8 hours or so on a charge. If you are getting less than that, please get in touch with us by clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. We'd like to make sure there's nothing wrong with your Kasina.

Other than that, I wanted to say that the deep rejuvenation sessions has had more effect on me than any np3/mws or brain.fm sessions. Amazing! I will continue to experiment with the other sessions.
    That's great! Enjoy.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Kasina issues

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

Make sure you have selected "USB" on the Kasina. The Kasina does not show up as an external drive until you have selected USB on the menu. Of course you can also remove the micro-SD card and using the included micro-SD to SD adapter, insert that card into an SD slot on your computer and it will show up as an external drive.
    The Kasina only plays .WAV and .mp3 file formats from np3/mws.

That's a little strange. You should get a good 8 hours or so on a charge. If you are getting less than that, please get in touch with us by clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. We'd like to make sure there's nothing wrong with your Kasina.

That's great! Enjoy.
    I did select "USB" on the Kasina, but no luck. I will do as you say re using the microSD card and SD adapter. I was anyway not particularly keen on combining the Kasina with Mindworkstation so that doesn't matter. But having the key NP3/MWS sessions on the Kasina would really help as I cannot take my desktop PC along when travelling.

The issue re the battery may not be so bad. Last I checked on the services section of my Kasina, the Kasina seems to tolerate more electricity/voltage even after the battery sign says it is full, so maybe I just need to keep it loading up a bit longer. At any rate, it seems that I will have to keep it connected to a wall-socket as often as possible to avoid further issues. The real problem seems to be that it still takes ages to load up a device like the Kasina and using quick-chargers can dangerously heat up the battery so that's not an option.

OK, a few more questions:-

If I buy a 64GB sandisk microSD drive for my Kasina would it be compatible? Lastly, what is the common practice re the Kasina that is not mentioned in the general description of the product? I mean, is it dangerous to overuse the Kasina re certain tracks? For example, Np3/MWS users are disencouraged from using the gamma brainwave sessions more often than 2 or 3 times a week. Is there a particular Kasina track best for improving cognition?

Blog Entries

I did select "USB" on the Kasina, but no luck. I will do as you say re using the microSD card and SD adapter.
    You may have a bad USB cable. If you have another one, give it a try. If not, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to get in touch with me so I can get you a replacement.

The issue re the battery may not be so bad. Last I checked on the services section of my Kasina, the Kasina seems to tolerate more electricity/voltage even after the battery sign says it is full, so maybe I just need to keep it loading up a bit longer. At any rate, it seems that I will have to keep it connected to a wall-socket as often as possible to avoid further issues. The real problem seems to be that it still takes ages to load up a device like the Kasina and using quick-chargers can dangerously heat up the battery so that's not an option.
    Again, sounds like a bad USB cable. What do you see under the menu "Settings/Service" for voltages and current when the Kasina is charging? Post the #'s here so I can see.

If I buy a 64GB sandisk microSD drive for my Kasina would it be compatible?
    Yes, as long as you re-format it as FAT32.

Lastly, what is the common practice re the Kasina that is not mentioned in the general description of the product? I mean, is it dangerous to overuse the Kasina re certain tracks? For example, Np3/MWS users are disencouraged from using the gamma brainwave sessions more often than 2 or 3 times a week.
    Use it as often as you like at whatever frequency works best for you. Everyone is different.

Is there a particular Kasina track best for improving cognition?
    This is a common subject of discussion so have a look at this post and try searching for other posts regarding learning knowledge intelligence
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

5. Default Re: Kasina issues

Well, the charging goes up to Batt 4.18 Volts while charging, as I recall(?), but as soon as I withdraw the plug it goes down a bit, to 4.12/4.13(?) at the highest point.

I am currently charging the Kasina and it states:-

"Batt Voltage 3.92 V
    "Charge Current 0.03A"
    CPU Voltage 3.31 V
    USB Voltage 5.13 V
    SN 5439533
    FW: KasinaFW1.17
    HW: KasinaHW MMS 1.4

6. Default Re: Kasina issues

Hi,

I just checked and found another usb plug with a better 2.22 charge current noted on the services panel, coming in via my USB port on the PC. I had used the other one which plugged into a wall-socket and had to use a US-to-European plug adapter. This was because I had been told that plugging into a wall-socket caused faster charging. Ah well...

Blog Entries

"Charge Current 0.03A"
    It should only be that low when the battery is fully charged. You should be seeing more like 0.40A or higher when the battery is low and the Kasina is charging. Again it looks like you might have a bad USB cable.
    -Andy.

Blog Entries

Hi,

I just checked and found another usb plug with a better 2.22 charge current noted on the services panel, coming in via my USB port on the PC. I had used the other one which plugged into a wall-socket and had to use a US-to-European plug adapter. This was because I had been told that plugging into a wall-socket caused faster charging. Ah well...
    So you're seeing "Charge Current" in the Settings/Service menu of 2.22A with the new cable? That's very high but much better. Typically the USB port on your computer maxes out at 0.50A (500mA). The Kasina Charger is supposed to charge up to 1.00A for a faster charge. If the Kasina charger is not charging above 0.40A when the battery is low, then the USB cable or the Kasina charger are faulty, and you should use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page to get in touch with me so we can rectify that.
    -Andy.

9. Default Re: Kasina issues

This may sound stupid but could you give me a photo-image of the Kasina Charger? It is just that I bought a lot of very similiar brainwave etc. gadgets in recent times and I don't know exactly which part you are referring to. I presume it came along with the deluxe Kasina bundle I bought? Thanks! Oh, and the 2.2 was temporary. It seems to be almost fully charged(4.09V) and only states 1.13 A for the charge current. I currently use an asus PC which enables faster charging up of devicesw via usb port but I really desperately need the kasina as a sort of walkman device I can charge from a wall-socket elsewhere while travelling.

Blog Entries

Here is the Kasina charger with the North American plug. The plug is replaceable and the Euro plug looks different of course.

Kasina Charger 4.jpg
    Kasina Charger 5.jpg
    Kasina Charger 6.jpg
    -Andy.

Thread Information