Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but what happened?

Default Sorry, but what happened?

Hello dear Mind-Geeks,

sorry, here i have non-technical questions.

first i want to ask what happened with Scott (neuroasis).
    I can't find any newer posts or videos of him since over 2 months.
    I send him a PM, but no answer.

second: maybe Robert can answer what happened with Claudius Nagel.
    He was the owner of the only good and great mind-shop here in Germany.
    There i ordered my Proteus, Procyon, Kasina etc.
    What alternative solutions are there here in Europe?

with kind regards
    Erik

Default Re: Sorry, but what happened?

Hi, ErikM--

Good question regarding Neuroasis; last I spoke with him was July, and he was recovering from a couple bites from a brown recluse spider. We discussed several projects, then he disappeared; does not answer emails, etc. I keep my eyes on obituaries for the town where he lives, in Kentucky. I just heard from Claudius Nagel; he shuttered his store due to some health issues triggered from overwork; he's long had a full time job teaching computer science to college students, and spent all the rest of his time working on mind-shop. He definitely still holds inventory... Ben de Groot of mindmachines in the Netherlands is an option, and Amazon.uk ships to countries where we don't have distributors, and meditations UK (and kasina.co.uk) are options. In France, Alphahypnose carries the Kasina, as does Rob de Groot in Belgium, EEG Institute in Poland.

Best,

Robert

Thank you very much Robert,

for the informations.
    I vainly tried to contact both persons.

Neuroasis had a very interesting newer project for the Procyon (Raspberry Pi Procyon Controller):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQtuSwGHj6E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9AAdMuHxO8
    The Software should also be for Windows, Mac and Linux.
    But i fear that he didn't published the program.

Claudius had a very interesting forum that isn't available anymore.
    Also the download area for software for the mind machines is not accessible anymore.
    (I tried to save the pages of the forum with help of the Waybackmachine, but it failed)
    I hope he will make it possible to take these on the web again.

So now the only good, competent, informative forum is this here.
    Please keep it alive.

with best wishes
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    Hi, ErikM--

Good question regarding Neuroasis; last I spoke with him was July, and he was recovering from a couple bites from a brown recluse spider. We discussed several projects, then he disappeared; does not answer emails, etc. I keep my eyes on obituaries for the town where he lives, in Kentucky. I just heard from Claudius Nagel; he shuttered his store due to some health issues triggered from overwork; he's long had a full time job teaching computer science to college students, and spent all the rest of his time working on mind-shop. He definitely still holds inventory... Ben de Groot of mindmachines in the Netherlands is an option, and Amazon.uk ships to countries where we don't have distributors, and meditations UK (and kasina.co.uk) are options. In France, Alphahypnose carries the Kasina, as does Rob de Groot in Belgium, EEG Institute in Poland.

Best,

Robert

Hello again, Erik--

It is odd that Ben de Groot did not respond... I would suggest trying him again, info@mind-machine.nl. And I'll contact Claudius about perhaps leaving up his Forums and software pages... though it might be complicated to have some but not all pages live, especially with no home page on view. Maybe best though to give him some time to rest and recover. He's really a great guy, extremely ethical, with considerable expertise in the mind technology area, and these views were further consolidated during the two days I spent with him and his wife last year.

Scott has spent a lot of time with various microcontroller platforms over the past few years, and had been working on a product concept for us this year, before disappearing. It is too bad that he would post project videos without providing any actual beta software, etc... though you might check github to see if it might be lurking there, somewhere; he's used that platform for another project, so more likely finding it there than Sourceforge.

Best,

Robert

So sorry to hear about Neuorasis. Who is answering questions on this forum now?

Yes, hopefully Neuroasis will re-emerge again at some point, as he had a lot of interesting things to say. Our Forums were initially built, and are still administered by Andy Broughton, and I will be posting here more frequently again, going forward.

Best,

Robert

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hercolobus1 View Post
    So sorry to hear about Neuorasis. Who is answering questions on this forum now?
    Myself, Robert and other kind forum enthusiasts will have to pick up the slack! ;-)
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

8. Default Re: Sorry, but what happened?

I am very sorry to hear about neuroasis and his spider bite injury. I certainly hope he is okay. I have been reading his writings on this forum over the last week and I have found them to be very interesting.

Any chance you could just call him on the phone and check on him to see if he is recovering okay?

I had a long skype call with Scott a couple weeks ago... the spider bites had caused him more grief than originally anticipated, but he is recovering nicely now. And I hope to see him return to the Forums in the near future. Andy has long managed this site, though like myself tends to answer more briefly, while Scott trended towards mini-essays. Claudius re-launched his website, but has been spending a lot of time dealing with some platform compatibility issues... I would expect that he will bring back the software download and other areas you mentioned if at all possible. So, keep checking back with mind-shop.de periodically, and he's always diligent about answering emails, too.

-Robert

10. Default Re: Sorry, but what happened?

I hope Scott is a lot better now, Scott is a good guy, I hope to see him back posting sometime.

Thread Information