Thread: Any Development on MentalGames?

1. Question Any Development on MentalGames?

The version of the MentalGames software only has two of the sections available. Does anyone know if there are future releases of this software planned? Are there any other good resources for ThoughtStream compatible software?

~Rob

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any Development on MentalGames?

Quote Originally Posted by LucidOne
    The version of the MentalGames software only has two of the sections available. Does anyone know if there are future releases of this software planned? Are there any other good resources for ThoughtStream compatible software?
    MentalGames is written by another company, not by MindPlace. I believe there are additional modules available through them. Your best bet would be to check at http://www.mental-games.com/ to see what's available.

The only other "Thoughstream compatible" software that I know of is the software that comes with the unit called "Thoughtstream Interface".

3. Default Re: Any Development on MentalGames?

Hi,

when you register - which is free - you can by internet get two or three more games for free.

You can also pay some money and get a completely new game.

Please be back if you find that any more levels are comming. They have not put anything new forward in my time (i.e. since early last spring).

Kind Regards

MindMan
    Last edited by Andy; 04-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.

I'm glad to see a new MG module available, though puzzled that this was the first I'd heard of it!

I don't think this is the same as a new "level", though.

MindPlace will be moving towards the use of open source software, which will be free, as the principle PC software for our biofeedback systems. We'll start with the coming PreSage, but I expect that we will also add support for ThoughtStream.

Thumbs up Re: Any Development on MentalGames?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    I'm glad to see a new MG module available, though puzzled that this was the first I'd heard of it!

I don't think this is the same as a new "level", though.
    It's been a few years since the first two "levels" were developed (2001). Maybe with the hardware developed in 100 years they'll be able to create the rest of the levels.
    The interface has a very bad designed. I almost regret I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    MindPlace will be moving towards the use of open source software, which will be free, as the principle PC software for our biofeedback systems. We'll start with the coming PreSage, but I expect that we will also add support for ThoughtStream.
    Excellent idea!

My suggestion is to start by creating ..libraries. Even for VB, you could have a file with all the functions needed to get the data from the devices, and another one to offer some higher level functions that have the notion of a session, sensitivity, etc.

Can't wait to use it.

Alex

I understand your concerns about the glacial rate of Mental Games updates; I think author Andrzej Slawinski had shifted his focus towards the multiuser (and expensive) Verim software in recent years, though he has recently indicated that he is now working on a new level.

Re: libraries--we have developed an ActiveX control for Procyon, though it appears to be hard to access via C++ (though not VB). Are you a software author, by any chance?

Thanks for your suggestions!

--Robert--

Thread Information