Thread: Streaming aux input no lights kasina

Default Streaming aux input no lights kasina

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum and have been loving my kasina for about 6 months. I recently found this forum and with it links to various streaming sources for audiostrobe and spectrastrobe content. Soundcloud, youtube, resellers, etc.

I have been playing around with both my android tablet and phone using the audio headphone out from my device to the aux inut on the Kasina. While I can download content and play from my phone or tablet to achieve lights and sound, when I attempt to stream I only get sound but no lights. This is the same whether it is soundcloud, youtube, or other audiostrobe content seller website. Is this a common occurance? Or should I be able to stream full content into the aux input on the kasina?
    At first I thought my aux input was defective then I tried non streamed content and it works just fine.
    I was curious about the soundcloud in particular.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Alvodi; 09-15-2016 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Htmlish

Blog Entries

Default Re: Streaming aux input no lights kasina

Hello and Welcome!

The encoded information on the tracks, whether it be SpectraStrobe, AudioStrobe or even when using the Color Organ feature, needs to be of a certain volume level for the Kasina to detect the control signals.
    Try turning up the volume from your android player.
    You can turn down the volume on the Kasina if it's too loud to listen to - that does not affect the deciding of the signals.
    Let me know if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Yes volume is up all the way on the android. I should try an amplifier?

Just to reiterate the volume on the android device is up as loud as it goes. If I stream a track from soundcloud I get no lights but if I download that same track and play it through vlc it works just fine. This is repeatable through the various content websites using different browsers and the soundcloud app. The volume through the headphones does not change with the streaming vs downloaded track.

I guess my question should be: In theory should I be able to stream content from soundcloud into the aux input?

Do websites trim high and low end of the sound spectrum to decrease data. Cutting off the spectrastrobe frequency?

Also, I just tried streaming vs downloaded into the aux from my laptop (windows 10) computer with the same result. And tried laptop streaming vs downloaded using kasina audio device via USB with the same result. All streaming was with neuroasis - oceamniotic via soundcloud website and downloaded from the website.

I have firmware 1.7.

Blog Entries

Thank you for testing that.

Sounds like volume is not the issue but something in the way that SC streams. It's streaming format must be such that it damages or fails to deliver the encoding of the track.
    It looks like, however, that you have discovered the solution - to download the track and play it that way. Once downloaded, you can of course drag the track to the micro-SD card on the Kasina so you don't need to use the Android device after that.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I think Andy is right--SoundCloud may well stream at a lower bit rate than the original files, and that could/would destroy the embedded signals. If you download the files to your laptop, try playing them through your Kasina from your laptop and see if that fixes things. I would personally recommend that you simply download the content you like and transfer to your micro SD card...

Robert

Thanks guys!

Thread Information