Thread: where to put focus?

1. Default where to put focus?

I have this question which surprisingly has not been answered in the topics I browsed. Or maybe, I missed some topics.

I have been using my Kasina for months now, albeit, not consistent. I've been wondering if I'm doing it right. Just like others, I bought the Kasina for meditation. As I've understood, one form of meditation is focusing on breath, another is focusing on a mantra, on sound, or visualization. Now that I have my Kasina, where should I focus? should I still focus on my breath or mantra? On the sound produced by the machine? or on the lights?

I'm often disturbed by my mind during a session, thinking whether I am doing it right. Assuming I get the usual answer, "whatever works for you," won't it reduce the benefits of the machine if I only focus on my breath? Won't it have the effect of me disregarding the light and sound produced by the Kasina?

Looking forward to your advice.

Regards,

Beibitoi

Default Re: where to put focus?

On my experience, putting focus on sound and light brings best effect.
    More precisely, just get absorbed in sound and light, not putting focus on anything.

If your mind still wanders, mantra or breathing will keep you away from being disturbed.

I hope this will be of some help.

Regards,
    Tao

Quote Originally Posted by beibitoi View Post
    I have this question which surprisingly has not been answered in the topics I browsed. Or maybe, I missed some topics.

I have been using my Kasina for months now, albeit, not consistent. I've been wondering if I'm doing it right. Just like others, I bought the Kasina for meditation. As I've understood, one form of meditation is focusing on breath, another is focusing on a mantra, on sound, or visualization. Now that I have my Kasina, where should I focus? should I still focus on my breath or mantra? On the sound produced by the machine? or on the lights?

I'm often disturbed by my mind during a session, thinking whether I am doing it right. Assuming I get the usual answer, "whatever works for you," won't it reduce the benefits of the machine if I only focus on my breath? Won't it have the effect of me disregarding the light and sound produced by the Kasina?

Looking forward to your advice.

Regards,

Beibitoi

Default Re: where to put focus?

It seems like when I focus on the sound and a little of the lights it works best for me. If I keep my eyes trained forward and really looking at the lights I don't fall into the theta feeling as much.. my experience so far but I just got the machine this week.

Thread Information