Thread: Battery won't hold a charge

Default Battery won't hold a charge

I bought a used Kasina from a friend almost a year ago. I don't he used it much either. When I first used it it was working fine. But I only used it about 5 times, then I put it away. So now about 10 months later, I took it out and decided to charge the battery.. But I had lost the power supply. So I charged it using a USB cable and then plugged the usb into my computer because that is the only usb port I have in my house.

I plugged it in early yesterday evening. It started charging, about 2 hours later I noticed that the battery indicator on the Kasina had turned red. I unplugged everything and the plugged it all back in again. Everything seemed ok and I went to sleep with it charging. I wake up 8 hours later, and when I look at the battery indicator it only has 3 bars and later on has moved down to 2 bars without me even using it.

Can the batteries on the Kasina be replace?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battery won't hold a charge

It's not likely that it needs a new battery, just a better charger.
    You should pick up a USB charger to charge it properly. Any USB charger will work, but I recommend a 1amp or better.
    The iPad charger is a good one if you happen to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Oddly, I'm having a similar problem, but my Kasina is a new unit. I put it on charge when I received it before I used it, whether I actually charged it, or it already was holding a charge, I can't say.
    Tonight, after a couple of sessions, I noticed that it was down to one bar, so put it on charge.
    Four hours later, it hadn't finished, but I took it off to see how close it was, and it had dropped down to a single red bar.
    I noticed the above comment and tried an ipad2 charger, but noticed that under Settings/System, the charge current was still only showing 0.08-0.15 A on the charge current (the same as with the supplied wall charger, rated @ 5V 1A).
    I've just tried swapping the USB cable and the charge current has gone up to 0.78-0.82 A.
    I don't know what the ideal charge current should be, or whether this will be enough, but maybe it's worth checking Mel. I'm loathe to leave things charging overnight unattended, so I will have another go tomorrow and update.

Blog Entries

That's a good point, Wryly. If you're having issues with charging, in addition to making sure you have a good 1amp USB charger, also make sure that the USB cable isn't defective.

If you are using the USB cable and charger that came with the Kasina and are having charging issues, please get in touch with me by clicking the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page and we'll get it sorted out for you.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

It did charge up fine with the other USB cable BTW.

6. Default Re: Battery won't hold a charge

Often these things are not the cable but a loose connection - especially if its intermittent

Try squeezing the connectors together tightly & it may start working again

Thread Information