Thread: Lights 3X

Default Lights 3X

This session was designed with Kasina Deepvison ganzframes, but works well with the closed eyes frames. Originally this was a Procyon session I made about 5 years ago after reading a study (I think by Tom Budzynski, in Transparent Corp's articles section) about entraining multiple frequencies simultaneously. Not an easy feat. I find it produces a wide-awake state while simultaneously quietening thoughts. For me, a desired state.
    In the study:

- only lights were used, a series of three successive frequencies (flashes)

- each light was on only 2.5 seconds (this was critical for success)

- this repeated in a loop, but the total session length wasn't stated

The session starts with a one minute mellow up-down ramp.
    Then not so mellow - after a couple of minutes, the imagery can be a little instense, but if you like lots of fractals and mandala-like imagery, you might really like it.

Important
    - with eyes-open, use a brightness setting of at least just over 50%

- with eyes-closed, near max brightness

This session was developed with Transparent corp's NeuroProgrammer 3.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yurips; 04-28-2016 at 07:05 AM. Reason: parsing was off
    Yuri Shramenko

Default Re: Lights 3X

Nice light show. Thanks for sharing this.

So is this only intended to be used lights-only? Reason I ask is because I can hear audio beats. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Nice light show. Thanks for sharing this.

So is this only intended to be used lights-only? Reason I ask is because I can hear audio beats. Thanks again.
    Hi Tom, glad you liked it.
    Budzynski's original study was white lights and lights only, and in the mid beta range. After a few weeks student participants were tested for memory and IQ and did better than a baseline group.

The frequencies Budzynski used make me a bit hyper - its possible that since his test subjects were 20 years old or younger, that worked fine for them. I like this range better - its a Fibonacci progression of 5 - 8 -13, which kinda covers Theta -Alpha - Beta.

Back to your question - I originally made this in NeuroProgrammer 2 as an AudioStrobe for MindPlace's Sirius, which was white lights with closed eyes. Still rather trippy, but I found full-intensity isochronic beats helped me focus better - it was a much longer session. Then I used the Procyon, but still with eyes closed, so the beats still helped. Now with eyes-open frames the light show is probably enough.
    Yuri Shramenko

Thanks mate, just what I needed to know.

Thanks for sharing this... Tom Budzynski worked with a variety of approaches to his 'brain brightening' protocol, and unfortunately passed away before being able to determine which might have been the most effective. The projects we were involved with used the range 13-22 Hz, with the main variation being the amount of time spent dwelling on a specific frequency. The actual frequency used varied in a pseudo-random manner, with dwell times at a given frequency in the few seconds+ range. I sent him a Procyon with the MindBright firmware (which delivers just one flash per frequency, so appearing more like band-limited visual noise), but it arrived the day after he passed. Scott has made a neat interface which can alternatively load MindBright and the standard OS, in case you're interested in experimenting with it... send him a PM if so.

--Robert

Thread Information