Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New DIY Deep Ganz Goggles...

Default My New DIY Deep Ganz Goggles...

Hi everyone,

Just bought 2 led strips and made some superb deep ganz goggles (which I got for a mere ?3 from ebay), so I'd thought I'd pop all it on a blog page to show you my new set up...

http://watchdog-reviews.blogspot.co....ght-sound.html

I am super pleased with the way they turned out and I also use a fleece headband with built in speakers for even more comfort, again they cost around ?3 from ebay... the whole kit now fits neatly into a small tin box.

I cut up an opaque 1lt translucent bubble bath bottle for the inner screen. On one pair I used 1 layer of plastic from the bottle and added clear textured window film to further diffuse the leds, but on the second pair I used 2 layers of plastic which gave a denser more diffused light. I may well experiment further with adding some pale coloured window films on acetate to modify the colours, but all in all I am very pleased with the current result as they're also super tough and very cheap'n'quick to make.

Trevh
    Last edited by trevh; 04-12-2016 at 03:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My New DIY Deep Ganz Goggles...

We like to see people get creative with our products. Thank you so much for the review and DIY walk through. The light strips allow anyone to customize glasses to their specifications with a bit of trial and error. It is fun to do. It is also interesting to see what people come up with and follow the paths that we go through in prototyping. A product that you can customize helps you build a connection which can also boost the effectiveness of the meditation.

Thanks again for sharing.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: My New DIY Deep Ganz Goggles...

Quote Originally Posted by trevh View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just bought 2 led strips and made some superb deep ganz goggles (which I got for a mere ?3 from ebay), so I'd thought I'd pop all it on a blog page to show you my new set up...

watchdog-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/i-recently-bought-kasina-light-sound.html

I am super pleased with the way they turned out and I also use a fleece headband with built in speakers for even more comfort, again they cost around ?3 from ebay... the whole kit now fits neatly into a small tin box.

I cut up an opaque 1lt translucent bubble bath bottle for the inner screen. On one pair I used 1 layer of plastic from the bottle and added clear textured window film to further diffuse the leds, but on the second pair I used 2 layers of plastic which gave a denser more diffused light. I may well experiment further with adding some pale coloured window films on acetate to modify the colours, but all in all I am very pleased with the current result as they're also super tough and very cheap'n'quick to make.

Trevh
    Great Job

Thanks for posting this, Trev! :-)

-Robert

5. Default Re: My New DIY Deep Ganz Goggles...

Aye, nice work there.

Great thread. Your choice of a translucent bubble bath bottle material is an interesting one. Here in the US I was exploring the subtle differences in the texture, thickness and surface patterns on various brands of gallon drinking water nottles and plan to experiment. I had two questions:
    1) What type of adhesive seems to work best with this sort of plastic? 2) Is the LED strip in the Kasina's original Ganzframes the same as that of their Deep Vision frames?
    The Kasina is new to me, and I am fascinated by the experience. This is my first post

Hi Arthur,

Firstly the DIY led strips have a thin double sided tape on them but I forgot to mention that I added my own double sided self adhesive tape over that (leaving the original tape with wax paper backing still intact) so that in the event of having to do an emergency reposition I could depend on their original backing to peel release my tape & LEDs without risking the circuitry... But that's just me being super cautious. The LEDs are stuck to the inside of the smooth polycarbonate screen of the goggles, not the bottle material. The bottle material is simply cut to wedge into the foam... the foam gently grips & holds it in place, which means you can remove it by lightly pulling it to spring it free from the foam if you want to. My second pair had two layers of bottle plastic for deepening the diffusion but again no adhesive is required, they just gently push in and wedge themselves in place using the goggles foam surrounds. If your plastic screening isn't dense enough, there is a frosting spray that mimics acid etched glass, so I guess that if that were sprayed on the bottle plastic leaving to clean side to the eyes, then that might help add to the light diffusion. I did use this spray on a very large light box many years ago and it was superb. Hope this helps...

Blog Entries

Arthur,
    The LED strips are not what is used in the DeepVision glasses. The DV have 2 RGB LEDs per eye for smoother color mixing. A embedded circuit also 'clamps' them to a pure white at the highest brightness range.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thanks so very much, Trev and Scott, for your thoughtful replies. The Kasina is a fascinating device; trying to design custom eyewear for it is wonderfully enjoyable. I will keep tinkering, as for me, this kind of exercise provides exceptional relaxation and enjoyment.

Blog Entries

Hi Arthur,
    I'm with you on the fun of DIY projects. We plan to offer many more tools and ideas for tinkerers.

Best,
    Scott

Thread Information