Thread: The rough guide to session editing - does cutting via Audacity work for Kasina MP3s?

1. Default The rough guide to session editing - does cutting via Audacity work for Kasina MP3s?

Wonderful, of course, if a session works for you from beginning to end. I have come across some where I really dig parts though while others throw me off: sometimes the beginnings are too high-frequency for me, making me nervous, and sometimes I enjoy a relaxing session and think that I would love to use it to fall asleep - but as it's programmed for meditation, there tends to be a "bringing you back to the waking world" segment at the end with higher frequencies which are kind of in the way.

I was wondering whether I could simply use Audacity to delete parts that I don't like - would that work in principle? I know it's not the most elegant technique, but would work for some sessions I have in mind (I can be very pragmatic). Audio could be fading in/out to make the cut smoother... and I would live with the sudden on-/off-set of light (until I join the ranks of NP3 / MWS coders here ;-)

Thanks for your quick advice on this!
    Michael

2. Default Re: The rough guide to session editing - does cutting via Audacity work for Kasina MP

That should work for audiostrobe and spectrastrobe tracks as the frequencies required are embedded within the audio. So long as you save the new file with at least 320kbs CBR you should be good to go.
    Fading should just diminish the intensity. I'm not sure what would happen with cross fading though tbh. Try it and see!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The rough guide to session editing - does cutting via Audacity work for Kasina MP

Yes, here is a video on how to do it in Audacity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8OtMcPbho
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information