Thread: What's the frequency, Kenneth? (looking for S/L frequency generator)

1. Default What's the frequency, Kenneth? (looking for S/L frequency generator)

After having experienced a number of AVS sessions, I feel like there are some sessions that really hit the sweet spot - while others (especially faster frequencies) tend to create nausea or headaches. It's almost as if there is that one frequency which I could click into at any given moment, and use that to take me to another place (e.g. via slowly decreasing or increasing that frequency).

I had this image in my mind that it would be really nice to just have a dial in my right hand while experiencing the light and sound impulses, and then to use that dial to slow down or speed up until I hit "my" frequency... and then take it from there.

And it really doesn't sound very complicated, mostly relying on my intuition while experiencing the steady output of a selected frequency. With little experience in this field, I am wondering whether anyone knows how this could be practically handled - any software you know, the easier, the better.

Thank you very much :-)

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the frequency, Kenneth? (looking for S/L frequency generator)

I have various options for realtime MIDI control on cheap controllers. I am working on a set of 'Power Toys' that people can use without having to know a lot about professional audio tools.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: What's the frequency, Kenneth? (looking for S/L frequency generator)

Hi Scott,

I think I already found what I was looking for - looks like the mobile app for MobMuPlat provides the functionality: I can set the tone pitch and the frequency seems to align with the "red frequency". That way I can use the "red frequency" slider to surf through specific wave bands.

Just some questions - and please feel free to refer me to other sources if this has already been covered (searched this forum but didn't find anything):
    - Can you explain what Depth means with regards to the color and tone?
    - The mobile app also allows to control the green frequency. This does not seem to have any effect whatsoever on the tone though - is this correct or am I missing something?

Thank you and best regards from sunny Berlin
    Michael

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the frequency, Kenneth? (looking for S/L frequency generator)

Hi Michael,
    Depth refers to the how much of the signal level is 'sliced up' by the modulation. Basically, when modulating you are chopping up a steady 'tone' into pieces. At full depth there are silences between the pieces. At a lesser depth some of the steady tone remains, how much set by the depth amount. So at 50% depth you have a mixture between half steady tone and half modulated tone. In this way, depth can make an isochronic tone more or less subtle.

In the app, the tone and the red channel are chained together for convenience sake. The green channel affects light only.

This app can be expanded further and ModMuPlat is a great platform which is constantly being improved and updated. Game controllers for instance are possible to be added.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: What's the frequency, Kenneth? (looking for S/L frequency generator)

Perfect - thanks for the explanations. Will play around a bit with the neuro-bandwidth-surfing :-)

Thread Information